1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Doner Designs

Doner Designs Steve Doner Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    Doner Designs is an alias for Steve Doner
    Thanks! Must be the angle. The strap hook looks crooked too but its not. Just a standard Fender licensed body from Warmoth. Body is a single hunk of koa and the neck is all ebony. Pickups are customs from Nordstrand (half split J and half Big Split).

JIO likes this.
  2. Franba

Franba

Dec 26, 2016
    basses. basses2. Hi, I've been consulting these forums for years whenever I wanted to get my hands on new gear but I never registered, so this is my first post.
    Lucky owner of three basses; two Laklands, an Skyline Dj4 and another Skyline 55-02 deluxe (the spalted topped one in the pic)
    And the third one is a modified Squier Jazz Deluxe V, I defretted it and had a luthier made the rest of the work, made it a six string and took out the pre amp to make it passive (the pups are the stock ones, which are active). I took the idea from this guy when consulting TB about the Squier:
    I'm more than pleased with the result of the mod, there are some loose ends on it's playability, but for a cheap bass it's awesome!

Nunovsky, 2cooltoolz, ICM and 2 others like this.
  3. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    Absolutely gorgeous! What are those pickups, a combination of a P and J? I've never seen them before.

Doner Designs likes this.
  4. Doner Designs

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    Thanks! I ordered them custom from Nordstrand. They have a Big Split on one side and a split J on the other side. The windings are standard, the custom aspect is combining the different pickups in a MM shell to make a hybrid. Pole spacing on the Big Splits is probably a little different too. The J pickups (inside coils) end up in the standard J positions while the Big Splits are a little more separated.

I think the hybrid pickups look pretty badass. Inspired by the Nordstrand BigMan and Delano's MM hybrids. :)

5. JtSD619

JtSD619

Nov 10, 2011
    San Diego
    Like my beauties natural

Attached Files:

zbigniew likes this.
  6. DeepBassNine

DeepBassNine

Dec 28, 2016
    My main squeezes. The Fender and the MM are my gigging basses, Warwick is the practice/at home bass. Just sold the warwick this past month. Looking to replace it with a P-Bass. Nothing crazy, a Squier CV 60's fiesta red is ideally what im looking for.

[​IMG]

Paul LF and Solidsidious like this.
  7. The Peaveys had a get together on Boxing Day.

Couch Peaveys (1).JPG Couch Peaveys (2).JPG Couch Peaveys (3).JPG Couch Peaveys (4).JPG Couch Peaveys (5).JPG

DeepBassNine likes this.
  8. Solidsidious

Solidsidious

Dec 27, 2016

A 2013 Dean Four String Acoustic bass

A Squier P-Bass 2005 with EMG Passives and a Tortoise Shell Pickguard, Along side a really crap Johnson by Axl Five String. Seriously. This bass sucks, you can tell because the B string doesn't even fit inside the bridge all the way.

A Schecter 2015 Four String Stiletto Fretless, next to a 2011 BC Rich Paolo Gregoletto Sig

Paul LF likes this.
  9. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Not Quite Right! Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Whitby Ontario
    Sweet! I have a Shifter Classic in black, but that pickguard is amazing....may have to look into getting one....

10. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    Traded my 75 J towards the 74 P in the center. Updated family pic!

[​IMG]

11. My three main go-to basses. 2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4H. 2012 F Bass BN 5. 2012 Ibanez SR5005 Prestige.

15776983_10157941693940521_8130680613450051015_o.

12. 20151028_003154. 20151028_003259. 20160329_183513. 20160810_213450. 20160815_181213. 20161024_213305.

Paul LF, bgartist and 2cooltoolz like this.
  13. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    kodiakblair likes this.
  14. I've quite got to grips with 6 strings but I just about manage on the TL-5. Randy Jackson-IV is the missing model.

Plans are in place to resolve that glaring omission.

15. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    IMG_1239.
    Warmoth Dinky P in trans neon orange
    IMG_1243.
    Just today put this Hipshot Kick ass on so I gotta live with it a bit and see how it goes

Nunovsky, JIO and TheMinutemen like this.
  16. Doner Designs

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    Ok, here are my 2016 family photos including the koa fretless which is new. The one on the far right goes up for sale tomorrow. Tried to include my son's guitars but they are all passed out on the floor.

IMG_1670crop.

IMG_1687.JPG IMG_1680.JPG

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  17. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Made a montage(?) of my end of 2016 arsenal. I'm a lousy photographer, so I pretty much gave up on posing my basses and just take the pics on my work bench (converted ironing board :chicken:) Mostly end-of-build pics on parts basses:

Current Fender Bass Stable 12-29-2016.

18. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Totally not on topic but I'd love to see a better pic of that red strat

Doner Designs likes this.
  19. Doner Designs

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    Ironing board reminds me of our basement rug which is the background for most of my photos. Nice collection by the way. :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    2cooltoolz likes this.
  20. Doner Designs

Jun 2, 2012
    Metro Chicago Area
    That would by my son's MIM Strat - his first nice quality guitar. Mods include Babicz tremolo, Duncan QP in the bridge and Nordstrand in the neck position. The SG with no pickups was his very first. He did a refinish on that one.

IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1184.JPG IMG_1185.JPG

Evil Undead likes this.