1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The shoe thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassAgent, Jan 3, 2012.

1. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    I seem to be developing a thing for shoes. I used to have 10 pairs (not counting sports shoes), but in the last 2 days I've bought 2 more pairs... So now I'm stuck with this:
    657d9f3c.
    And yes, I wear pretty much all those shoes regularly. I try to vary shoes day by day, 'cause I like it and because they say it's good for your feet :)

'Bout those 2 Chuck Taylors: I have 2 pairs of black ones, but one pair is high ánd a lot older (it's more grey), and the other one is a bit younger and mid-high...
    04cc914f.

Am I the only man on TalkBass who suffers from "iwantmoreshoe"-itis?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm with you. I have more shoes than my wife. For work, I have three or four different style of shoes, then a pair of each in black, tan, brown, and maybe burgundy. Then I have a collection of boots. Some for snow, some for dress, some for rain, some for trail walking. Rubber soled shoes, leather sole, yadda, yadda. I guess it is overkill to have three pairs of the same shoe in different colors.

Some of you guys blow money on bass gear, I blow it on shoes and clothes.

-Mike

3. not I ... well lets see...

-I have a pair of walmart fake chucks ... i wear mostly for gigs
    -1 brown and 1 black pair for work...
    -these horrid cheap academy brand im wearing now ... they are falling apart but so damn comfy these are my everyday first shoes i grab
    -Rebock classics black ones that look like running shoes... that i use to... run/workout in
    -cheap walmart work boots for yard work ... or anytime im doing around the house chores or some type of outside work

meh... im a different situation ... i have shoes... but for a different purposes ... and all but my black leather work shoes look like crap

4. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I have one pair of shoes. They live in my car and I wear them when I go to a restaurant or bar where I need to have shoes on to get in. :D

Edit: Oh, and I have a pair of good Ugg-boots (do these exist overseas?) for when it gets cold.

5. I've got (in pairs):

2x Doc Martens 1460s (one black (worn regularly for 5 years and still going strong), one oxblood (present from ladyfriend))
    1x CAT boots
    1x Hi Tech hiking boots (cheap and cheery, better grip in ice than the DMs).
    1x New Balance 574s
    2x Canterbury rugby boots (1x studded(8), 1x molded (for training on astro) )
    2x Converse (only really use these for the gym).
    2x Leather soled dress shoes.

So, yeah, more shoes than a guy should have!

(still want to get me a pair of Adistar weightlifting shoes and a pair of Vibram FiveFingers)

Edit - Also got a pair of steel toed safety boots courtesy of work.

6. I've got a little bit of a thing for shoes....BTW some time back, there was a shoe thread on here where someone posted some green flip flops with a bottle opener on the bottom. I've been trying to locate it, because I want them! Can't seem to find it though. Ring a bell with anyone?

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here we go...

Ariat ropers
    Asics 803s (gym shoes)
    Brooks Ghost 4 running shoes
    Cole Haan slip-ons
    Florsheim black leather-bottom oxfords
    Florsheim brown rubber-bottom oxfords
    FootJoy SuperLites golf shoes
    Mizuno rugby boots
    Reef leather sandals
    Sperry topsiders

I'm also looking to get a pair of Lucchese 1883 boots and some Cole Haan topsiders, as my ropers and Sperrys are starting to fall apart.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Reef makes them.

-Mike

sneha1965 likes this.
  9. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

SoonerMatt +1000 on the Florsheims. Absolutely the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever had. Well worth the moola imo.

Also, I thought I was the only person in America left who wore topsiders :)

My others consist of 2 pairs of Tony Llaama boots
    1 pair of DM brown ( haven't a clue of the make/model ) Just a great looking shoe.
    Lugz work boots ( but I don't work in em ;) )
    New Balance 901 high tops
    Saucony running shoes
    Saucony cross trainers
    an ancient pair of Vans
    Stacey Adams siracusa wing tips ( I'm pretty fly for a white guy! )
    FILA walking shoes .. so old I forget the type but the white leather is still bright and they look great. They are at least 10 years old though :D

10. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I got both men's and women's shoes in my closet ;)

11. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Oh, and on the picture in the first post, you can see my brand new shoes as well. I'm a bit proud of them. They're limited editions by Dutch shoe manufacturer Van Lier ;)
    [​IMG]

12. Funky Ghost

Those are nice :) Have them scotch guarded yet?

13. that's what i thought...but i can't find them :confused:

14. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Not yet, I don't have the right stuff yet, so I'm not wearing them yet :)

15. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I only wear these shoes:
    5d233bf2.

Beaten to hell, the soles are starting to wear through, there are holes in the inserts under each of my big toes, and the laces are not tied but are knotted at each end just before the lace hole so that the laces never loosen up. Oh and there's paint from a service project in New Orleans where we painted a house in the upper 9th ward.

They've been through lots of gigs, 3 marching seasons, 2 broom ball games, many service events with the church and tons of biking trips. They have been good to me and the comfort cannot be beat.

When they do finally give up on me I have a backup pair of the same kind but in a different color:D Best thing about them though, they were super cheap and I got them even cheaper because my aunt works at Nike!:D

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  17. Funky Ghost

Lawd they better clean my vehicle for that kinda price ! :D They look great though . . .

I love Danner, if memory serves they made my Military boots, if that's true they are VERY comfortable and excellent hiking boots.

18. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm not going to count how many pairs I own; I'm sure it's more than 15...but everything was on sale. :help:

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    yeah, but at my age and activity level... I should be able to be buried with them :) My Timberlands are pretty comfy and look pretty good... but I bought them wanting the Danners (or more specifically 70s style Mountaineer / Hiking boots).