The Valenti Megathread Part IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 8, 2011.

1. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    A set of Smith taper's

2. trujo777

trujo777 Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    I love either the Nordy or the Sadowsky preamps on my Valentis. :) Chef is correct, that Nordy preamp with 3 band and vintage control opens up a whole new gamma of sounds

3. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I like the Nord preamp with Nord pickups, especially.

Nino has some nice stuff on the in stock page!

4. moore.jcm

moore.jcm Robot Pots

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    I just got this from Chef on Friday, and I've got to say that I'm thoroughly impressed! I did some detective work here on TB to find out where it has been, and this bass has certainly gotten around, but still looks GREAT! Chef did a great job cleaning this up and despite moving through a few different people's hands, still looks brand new. Nino definitely does great work and I cant see this leaving my collection anytime soon... :D

Valenti61.jpg
    Valenti61outdoors.png
    Valenti611.jpg
    Valent613.jpg
    Valenti61front.jpg
    Valenti61frontrev.jpg
    s.jpg

5. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    enjoy!

6. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    I played this at one of the Halloween shows I did over the weekend.

It was spooky how good it was: mwahahahaha!

7. trujo777

trujo777 Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    Nice bass! I am glad I am still broke and can not get any more basses... otherwise ..... I would be in soooo much trouble right now :)
    Nice score :)
    enjoy.

8. moore.jcm

moore.jcm Robot Pots

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Thanks... I'm trying to sell off some excess equipment, but it's proving to be difficult. I just need to keep at it. Eventually, they'll find the right buyer.

9. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    True enough.
    I know what you need next;)

10. Green1

Green1

Sep 23, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Ok, I know I am going to get flamed here for not putting a picture up, but I cant do it at work and no computer access at home right now :bag:

So my Valenti 5 arrived this past Saturday (red transburst, black hardware, birdseye fretboard, Nordy big singles, Nordy 3 band preamp) Fit and Finish were superb, frets were nice and rounded, tight neck pocket......and the neck on this bass is Soooooo nice, not chunky at all, but not too thin either.

I played it that night at a gig, and it was amazing.....all the bottom you could want, present mids that cut without being nasal or too honky, clear top end without being brittle. At the end of the night, the guys in the band all told me to bring the red bass from now on.....haha! I truly believe that Ninos basses are an extraordinary value, this bass holds its own with ANY jazz bass that I have ever owned or played. Thanks again Nino for such a great bass!

11. Valenti61.jpg

Damn that's a nice axe

I have GAS for a Valenti...how do I get hooked up?

12. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
  13. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Just a post-honeymoon followup to say I am still delighted with my JJ5. At 1st I thought I wouldn't gig it since our garage cover band tunes down a half step for everything and I wanted to be able to leave it in std tuning for non-band stuff.....but it would not be denied and was gigged for the 1st time yesterday, with great results. Light, comfy, toneful and easy on the eyes. Thanks Nino. On another note, when our lead guitarist saw the bass, he told me he has done inlay work for Nino in the past. His name is Paul Bordeaux and he is a talented inlay artist and guitarist. It's a small world, but I wouldn't wanna paint it:p

Attached Files:

14. Green1

Green1

Sep 23, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ

Thats a beauty......Congratulations! Nino makes some great basses thats for sure :bassist:

15. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    As the humidity here drops, I went to make a little rod adjustment. It was my 1st experience with a rod that requires a flathead screwdriver. This is my first and only disappointment with this great bass. I find a hex wrench or wheel much more sturdy and am worried about stripping this puppy. Can it be changed?

16. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Both my Alleva and Valenti use a flat head. A simple 90 degree screw driver from the local hardware store makes this very simple.

17. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    It's simple, but if the rod is pretty tight (like mine) then the potential for slip'n'strip is far greater with a flathead than with a wheel or hex, which IMO is why those are more common. Regardless, does anyone know if the head can be changed, or is it married to the rod, 'till death do they part?

18. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Looks like part of the rod to me.

I'll admit that it's annoying to have to carry a unique tool for the one bass, but I question the real risk of stripping - the flathead slot on the rod in my bass is very large, wide, and appears heavy-duty. With an angled driver like Peter recommends, I can't imagine damaging it. I've had mine since 2007 with no issues.

19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    All newer Valenti Basses starting with #137 will have Spoke-wheel adjustment for the T-Rod. I've redesigned the heel and not none of the basses will have a fretboard extensions I can use the Spoke-Wheels.

20. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    PMed.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021