The Valenti Megathread Part IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 8, 2011.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Thanks a million to Nino, who can install a wheel, which will require trimming the fretboard extension and a new PG. Cool.......now I simply have to find a time when I'm willing to be without what has become my main bass for playing out. Great basses. Great service!

2. ajwolfcale

ajwolfcale Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Nashville
    Just sent in the deposit for mine. Can't wait to post it up here!

3. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    what spec?

4. Green1

Green1

Sep 23, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Ive had my Valenti for about a month and a half now, and after tweaking the action a few times, I finally have it playing very nicely. These basses will take a nice low setup and still sound huge in the mix. I still think Ninos basses are an exceptional value, and hold their own with basses costing much more. Anyone considering a Sadowsky, Lakland, Nordy, Alleva should really give Ninos basses a very serious look. Nothing against the basses I mentioned, they are all great (I have a Nordy on order) but not everyone has 4k to drop on their next bass. I consider myself to be pretty picky about my instruments and my Valenti doesnt disappoint. Thanks Nino for making me this great bass :bassist:

5. Ivan M

Ivan M

Aug 2, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    I told you you would love it....Congrats!

6. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    huh...? above mentioned basses got there very own character on tone.
    Which one would the valenti is close to..
    I wanna try one for long.. but never have a chance.

pics shared on TB can tell how nice of the finishing of the valenti basses
    they are more like a sadowsky to me...only the headstock doenst realli my cup of taste.

i am happy with my sadowsky but i need a back up bass...
    valenti seems to be the best one within my budget

7. ajwolfcale

ajwolfcale Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Nashville
    Chef, I ordered a 5 string, 19mm ash/maple/maple board, transparent black with a black shell pickguard, p/j with the reverse p. np5/big split, sadowsky pre with the vtc, no control plate with the a/c layout, 21 fret, I'm also getting a pickup cover over the p to try it out. I've never really played with one, just like the look of them and thought I would give it a go.

I'm real excited about this bass. First new bass I've bought in a long long time. And first custom ordered bass ever. I can't wait!

8. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Great spec!

9. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Well, the Valenti could sound very much like any of those, depending how you order it; since it could come with any of those components.

(though I've never seen a Valenti bass loaded with Alleva guts).

10. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    I might be the first labmice on this..;)

11. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Jimmy's electronics are very expensive.

12. Green1

Green1

Sep 23, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Tone is definately a subjective thing, no argument there. I was referring to construction, playability, etc. As Chef pointed out though, depending on what preamp and pickups you choose it would be possible to get a Valenti to sound close to the basses I mentioned. I listed those as examples only because they are jazz style basses similar to the Valenti. I hope you get a chance to try one and make your own determination. Good Luck :bassist:

13. Tslicebass

Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
  14. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Nice work!

15. anezthes

anezthes

Oct 18, 2010
  16. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    That bass got around. Glad it made it up to you though. I got it from Adam, then traded to Chef, and then to you? IIRC, that's how the circle of that bass went. That is definitely my fave looking bass I've EVER had. If it would have had 60s placed pickups, it would have never left me. Killer bass there.

I'm back in the Valenti club. I just got #114 from Basswave. It's a 24 fret modern 5 string with Sadowsky electronics. It absolutely kills. I love it. (no access to pics at the moment) If I get a bonus this year, I may order up another Valenti to go with my current one. :bag:

17. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Yeah, that was mine for a minute;)
    Traded it for #46, which is an alder/rw/60's: much more my thing.

It was a stellar piece of craftsmanship though, and quite a looker!

18. bassclef04

bassclef04 Bass and Beyond! Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    what color is this bass?

19. Kevdel

Kevdel Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Maryland
    Chef, you probably have mentioned this before, but what pick-ups are in #46? I been playing a Lakland DJ-5 for the past few years that I absolutely love but have started developing hand issues with the 35" scale and 19mm spacing. So recently picked up a 24 fret Valenti 5 with 34" scale and 18mm that fits my slight size better than anything I have ever played in the past 35 years. It has the Sadowsky soapbars and pre which I really like for one of my gigs but it's a bit too modern for another. So I'm thinking of having a second one built and am looking for a pickup option that would be as close to my DJ as I can get. I know sound is subjective, but how does yours compare to a JD?

20. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Mine is Sadowsky single coils, and Sadowsky preamp; a pretty aggressive, gritty in your face bass.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021