They're baaaaaaaa-aaack!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Mar 31, 2005.

1. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
  2. those are niiiice!!! The prices aren't that high at all... hmmmm
    I may have to get me the 5 string version... but go active.. or passive :meh:
  3. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
  4. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Has anyone ever played one? How do they sound?
  5. Looks like what Michael Anthony from Van Halen plays.... although I think they are extremely ugly, but thats just my opinion.
  6. I'm getting major GAS over these basses!!
  7. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    The guitarist in my old band had an old Yammy BB (unfortunately he had to sell it because he was strapped for cash.) I was always pretty impressed by it; just a good sounding solid workhorse.

If these new BB's are anything like that old bass, those prices are awfully tempting! I'm gonna keep an eye on this!
  8. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
  9. oh yeah... Im getting one!
  10. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    WOO!!! :hyper: I'd get one!
  11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yeah, the first bass I ever played was a borrowed BB3000.

I was too inexperienced at the time to realize what a decent bass it was. :(

Anyone know the specifics of the 5 string? I can't seem to find anyone that lists the scale length...all the specs are things like color and wood type. The picture of the 5 has a funky bridge with the low B extended past the other strings...

I'm looking for a decent 5...since I only have 4's but don't want a 'budget' 5.
  12. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    If they make white with gold hardware......I'm WAAAAYYYYY gonna get one!!!!!!!
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Does anybody know how P bass like the 5 string version sounds? I have been wanting a 5 string that sounds like a P bass for a long time, but not willing to spend what Mike Lull or Sadowsky charge for one.
  14. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    I just got one, the metallic orange and 5 strings version, a very solid built bass, although the PU is a bite weak, but the bass play very well overall, i run it thu a Samsamp, and the sound upgraded a lot, i will think it is a very 'practical' bass' in low budget
  15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    you know warmoth, and you know nino you can get a nice 5er preci for 1000-1250 USD.
  16. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

But what's the scale length?

Like my momma always said, "I don't need no flabby B"
  17. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I'd be interested to know whether these are versatile basses - they strike me as "rock" instruments.

It looks like a way for me to get a cheap active 5 string to string E-C for my jazz playing.
  18. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    Very definitely 34".
  19. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, Yamaha makes a quality instrument at a fair price. I'm playing a BB605 and really like it. Cost me $350. I added another $250 worth of Bartolini pups and preamp and now it's a REALLY nice bass. I like it every bit as much as the $2,500 Bartolini equipped Modulus Q5 I had a couple years ago.

I also have a moderately expensive Carvin fretless 6 string - with the same Bartolini pups and preamp. It sounds great.

Call me crazy, but it took me many years and a lot of wasted money to figure out that I don't REALLY NEED a $2,500 bass to get a good sound. Sure, it can help, but I think that we don't give the HUMAN element enough credit.

As always, try to listen with your ears, not your eyes.