Things bassist hate.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by yaboiimizz, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago"

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    Any band member that's not a drummer or chick singer. Especially drunk gui****s

2. Dustin Teel

Dustin Teel Guest

Jun 2, 2011
    How it has become seemingly acceptable for the bassist to consistently be the weakest link in a band.

Jesse Hoskins likes this.
  3. Lazy drummers. If we book a jam space to practice for two hours, you should be able to go two hours. Not 45 minutes.

4. IMO I think a lot of it is to do with attitude of guitarists towards bassists. Far too many guitarists out there have little clue of how to work with a bassist, or indeed what the bassist even DOES. As a result bass has become an afterthought in the music of a lot of bands.

I'm not saying all guitarists are like this mind you. There are some excellent guitarists out there.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Other musicians that cannot handle constructive criticism without it bruising their fragile ego.

Jesse Hoskins likes this.
  6. tnickk

tnickk

Mar 25, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    +1 and I also play keys.

7. Zombierockstar

Zombierockstar

Jul 23, 2005
    Boise, ID
    Love it! Lol!

8. tnickk

tnickk

Mar 25, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    You could switch to R&B. Often the guitarist is the weak link.

9. Scotte_4U

Scotte_4U

Jul 4, 2010
    South Florida
    LOL that was great laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes aint life a bitch.

10. c_maj

c_maj

Jun 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Smart cars.

11. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

What's wrong with smart cars? Not great for transporting a bass rig, definitely, but for scooting around town, going grocery shopping and such, they seem like they'd be fine.

12. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Drunk chicks who think putting their hands on your genitals while you're playing is a compliment.

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Continuation of this thread is located here.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.