Thread hoarders!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Pbassmanca, Jul 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

I've just realized that I'm currently watching and receiving notifications on 13 pages of threads. I think I need to go through my watched threads and do a serious purge but when I look over them I feel like most of them are topics that I might want to read or post to again in the future. Maybe I need to turn off notifications for some of them , but that sounds like a lot of work. I think I'm a thread hoarder. How many pages of threads are you watching? Is anyone else a "thread hoarder"?

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I have 3 pages that go back to 2012.

A quick look shows that about 10 of those threads have been locked, lmao.

Time for some house cleaning.

47th Street and Pbassmanca like this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

ha! that's so funny!

i think i would be a thread hoarder if i knew how to do it! i just log in and go to "recent posts" and mull them until i find something i like (or think i will like) via the title. very unsophisticated, but it's all i know.

i'm curious about the process of 'watching' a thread, but your description of it is a 'threat' to a guy who does some equipment/parts hoarding in real life....:D

but i do wish you luck with your infirmity! :thumbsup:

4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    There has to be some 'reverse-zombie-thread' related joke in here, somewhere...

47th Street, Wisebass and Pbassmanca like this.
  5. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    @JRA There is a "Watch Thread" button on the right hand side above the first post.

47th Street and Pbassmanca like this.
  6. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I get notifications from only 6 threads. I go out if my way to keep things tidy.

Lobster11 and Pbassmanca like this.
  7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Subscribed.

8. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Lol

Stumbo and Pbassmanca like this.
  9. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't watch any. I figure if I can't remember that I wanted to come back to a thread, I probably don't really want to.

10. tlc1976

tlc1976

Aug 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Honestly I've never paid attention to it. There's probably tons in mine. Any thread I posted in and someone replies, is in my alerts next time I come to TB. I don't do the realtime email alerts. I've only manually subscribed to a few threads which I found particularly interesting but didn't have anything to add.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

duty_calls.png

12. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I didn't do my usual check in here yesterday morning with my coffee, and noticed by noon i had 40 new notifications to catch up on!

Is there a way to see how many threads you're currently watching?? I've either posted in or clicked 'watch thread' on hundreds, and only unsubscribed to a few.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  13. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

I posted once in the Tapewound Club thread while I was still wet behind the ears on the subject and didn't know the strings I was posting about weren't tapewounds.

Months later when I realized my mistake, I just quietly remained subscribed to the thread because little red numbers at the corner of my screen have a Skinner box effect on me and I feel like I've earned something somehow.

--^@

14. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

Yeah, under the TalkBass icon on the top left of the screen there should be a little text that says watched threads. If you click on that it will show you the top 30 that you're watching and then on the bottom of that it says show all watch threads and if you click that it'll show you everything you've watched.

catcauphonic likes this.
  15. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    what's is a Skinner box effect?

16. Chicory Blue

It's a classical conditioning sort of thing wherein one is presented with certain combinations of stimuli under different circumstances as such that, say, a little blinking light becomes associated with a reward, and hence, one might begin to grow very interested in making that light blink.

It's not so different from Pavlov and his bell, except I think Skinner was actually a psychologist while Pavlov sort of just really hated dogs.

--^@

17. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    My mouth waters when the microwave beeps after meals and popcorn are done..... :laugh:

This is good thread... subbed!

47th Street, ahc, Aberdumbie and 4 others like this.
  18. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Reverse Zombie sounds like a sexual position.

19. Chicory Blue

Isn't a reverse zombie just a dead guy, though?

Because ew.

--^@

JCooper, Spidey2112 and Nev375 like this.
  20. I just checked, I had 28. I cut 12, so down to 16. Plus this now:D. So I'm at 17. I don't have a problem, I don't. Really:unsure:
    Ok, I may need an intervention:help:

:roflmao::bassist:

alaskaleftybass and Pbassmanca like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2021