Tim Commerford using Lakland Basses.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Jan 24, 2008.

1. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    And in regards to his ink. I like tim have a lot of ink. He started that to cover up some old stuff like a couple of cartoon characters and others. His whole back is done as well as his left leg. Looks great to me. His a sick mountain biker too. Hopefully I can go riding w/ him in the future
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This is not a joe osborn bass. it is a american piece mad for tim. the american model takes alonger time to make than the european modles. this perticular model costs around $5,000 and about a year to make. its no sig model:bassist:... oh and BTW jimmy.. tim has amazing tone. something you will never get. :rollno:

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Or... "This is not a Joe Osborn bass. It is an American piece made for Tim. The American model takes a longer time to make than the European models. This particular model costs around $5,000 and about a year to make. It's no signature model."

OK, now that it's been translated into English...

It's got the stacked knobs of the Joe Osborn, but the inlays on the neck look like they're from the Darryl Jones model. So who knows excatly what it is. It'd be pretty easy to talk Dan into building one like that.

But what's this about "eurpean modles"? I know Lakland has the US instruments, the Skylines made in the orient, and I understand there's some oriental manufacture specifically for the Asian market.

jte

4. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    It is a Joe Osborn model with an ebony neck, and Birdseye maple block inlays.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Markus the fb is rosewood not ebony.

I got to play it not to long ago and yes it just killed.

Because TB states that I have to.

I am guilty of being a Lakland endorser.

6. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland

A guilty pleasure!:D

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

:)

8. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    just came across this video, cracking tone he's getting from that thing!

9. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Nate Query of the Decemberistd was playing a USA JO with rosewood board and block markers last August when I saw them. he has a Decade with Chis also.

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I love how this turned into a Hate Jay Leno thread.

But I love Timmys Laklands. Plus, he could play and SX and still rock. The bassist more than the bass in this situation.

11. evilkid98

evilkid98

Dec 18, 2009
    Tim C is pretty much why i started playing bass.... with that said i don't care what bass he plays he still sounds awesome. look past the bass someone is playing and focus on the guy who is playing it.

12. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    Great vid. I like Tim's tone here too, simple jazz and Ampeg. His playing is always perfect.

13. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    Nate only uses the Laklands for down tuned stuff...he made this comment in an interview recently as he said the Laklands sound and play better tuned down than the Fenders do...

I myself have 4 Laklands and 4 Fenders...i prefer the Laklands...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021