1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To sticker or not to sticker?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Muddslide, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    I've never put a sticker or decal on an instrument, though I've bought a couple that had some (which I removed.)

I don't even have a bumper sticker on my car.

But I have a bass that's such a plain jane that I'm considering slapping just one lone decal on it...I actually have a huge collection of them going back to when I was a kid in the early 70s...

Maybe I'm just tired as hell...such a minor thing, really, and easily removed if I got sick of it.

I generally think it's not my thing, but I dunno....

Anyone got any stickered-up basses to post?

2. If you sticker up a bass, do it well :D I have an Aria Pro-II STB-series that is literally covered in stickers.
    But I have to say it is my only bass that got stickered ... all the rest stays as it is

3. this is easy. dont stick

4. I just don't like Red guitars.

[​IMG]

edit: By the way, I would not recommend it unless you don't really care about the bass all that much.

5. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    please don't...

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Generally I'm not a fan of stickers, which can turn a temporary infatuation into a permanent defacement.

However, I did put "clings" on one of my Reverend Rumblefish:

IMG_0824.

But since they're clings, they come off with no residue. I'm more worried about them staying on than coming off. There's also a larger version of the G on the back, but I don't have a pic of it.

Personally I would never put an actual sticker on my bass since I don't want to do anything that's not reversible. But I think in the case of the "Dawgfish" above, the clings look pretty good. Then again, I'm a UGA fan, and it's football season! :bassist:

When I was 18, I put stickers on the original case of my 1981 Ric. I'm sorry I did that now.

7. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Grrr... I hate stickers... post a pick of 'Janey'. then we can suggest alternatives, covers etc.

8. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    please don't

9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Another option would be to look into a different pickguard -- it might change the "plain jane" into a real beauty if you got the right one.

10. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    I've been having the same mental debate for about a year :p I always settle on "I'll probably regret it"

11. Rayle_Trail

Rayle_Trail

Jun 14, 2004
    Brisbane
    I still larf when I see those teen bands where the guitarists have skate brand stickers on the back of their guitars neck.
    yeah I don't know maybe if you played in a ska band?
    depends on the quality of the sticker, airbrushed naked chicks on the other hand... :p

12. Vinyl. Vinyl. Vinyl.

I personally wouldn't put any stickers on any of my basses, but if you decide to try and go vinyl. They're easy to remove by just picking at it or with a blow dryer unlike a paper sticker which peels and leaves a gluey mess.

13. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Does it have a pickgaurd or anything like that, that you can switch out rather than putting a sticker on the bass?

14. Just do it.

If you dont like it then theres always googone.

15. Do you have a pick guard? You can put it directly on that, its easier to change than marring your finish, or a different style / color PG altogether. I would never do this to my works of art, and remember eventually they will get scratched, ripped, become partials of what they once were and look like ****. Possibly consider airbrush work which can be true art instead of some cheap, juvenille sticker.

16. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    i have a "god bless johnny cash" bumper sticker on the back of my longhorn.

17. I put lame stickers on my first bass. I tried to take them off, but it left mess.

18. I put lame stickers on my first bass. I tried to take them off, but it left mess.

19. Juvenile? Stickers a ******* awesome..

:scowl:

20. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I put a bunch of stickers and cut out newspaper letters a la ransom note on my first bass, a cheapo J bass copy. My only regret is actually selling it a few years back. The best one was the word Choice from a pack of Camels I glued to the headstock. But I certainly wouldn't do that to anything that was worth anything.