1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tobias growler owner serial database

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Langueta, May 4, 2010.

1. Stanley James

Stanley James

Apr 10, 2016
    Hi, i'm a new member at this site and i have a Tobias Growler 5 natural swamp ash body made in USA and serial number is 4436. I've bought it new with an original Tobias Gigbag in 1995.

Attached Files:

EdwardofHuncote likes this.
  2. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Pleased to meet ya'... my Growler 5-string is #4743.

Odd coincidence this post came through just now - just moments ago I put it in a case to take to a rehearsal tomorrow evening.

3. My tobias growler 5 string bass serial number 9443
    Can anyone tell me what year it is build?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    EdwardofHuncote likes this.
  4. Pablo Valdes

Pablo Valdes

Oct 13, 2016
    Hi, i´ve a Tobias Growler, his serial number is 7312; the man who sell me the bass told me that was made in 1994. It´s an original one????... or is a Gibson version????....

Thanks beforehand...

5. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs SUSPENDED Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars

All Growlers were built by the Gibson crew. if it is a 94' it would be a pretty early model. The 90's versions were built in Nashville and have two mid freq. switches. Later models built in Arkansas use the standard 3 band Tobias Bartolini preamp.

Hope this helps,

Moonshine :bassist:

6. Dave Weikel

Dave Weikel

Oct 7, 2016
    Mine is 4939. is it 1994?

7. nathan swann

nathan swann

Dec 16, 2016
    Newport, PA
    10619 is the serial # on my Growler, and its a 5 knob-no switches version. Its an ABM bridge and Grover tuner Growler, & hardware-wise, I belive it to be much better than the Growlers with switches. the ABM bridge on these Growlers cost about $130, compared to the L type low mass bridges on the Growlers with switches...but I hate the dual truss rod thing... 20171110_084822.