1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

U.S. Peavey Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Sep 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Glad you clarified that @mb94952

Spent the day at work with "how can you ..." running through my head. Would be a great mod for BXP Millenniums :)
    I've a few empty VFL shells so one day might stick a 4 wire HB below them.

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I received this bass today:

Peavey Millenium 2002 Tiger Maple | UROCK LLC

I am pretty sure this one is going back to the seller. There are numerous dents, dings and scratches on the neck and the body. He listed it as mint and said "not a scratch on her" and that is not true. It is in perhaps good condition but certainly not mint. The case has a crack in it and the output jack is intermittent.

Not happy about this.

I just looked at Reverb's policies concerning a deal like this and think I am pretty well covered. I used a credit card through PayPal so I will be covered in some fashion.

MCF and JEDI BASS like this.
  3. @Chuck M

Mint
    For something to truly be mint, it needs to be just shy of Brand New. Mint items should include the original packaging in most cases. If there's any sort of imperfection, the item should be listed in Excellent condition at best.

Seller failed miserably meeting the Reverb definition. Send it back and better luck next time :thumbsup:

MCF and JEDI BASS like this.
  4. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yeah. I got it cheap...if it had been in the described condition. It is really a nice instrument that has been carelessly handled. Too bad for me and the bass. Now the seller is going to have to refund my money but I may get stuck with return shipping. We'll see how this plays out. I sent the seller a message already so the ball is in his court.

5. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Prior to buying the bass I asked:

Scott,

Can you please describe any wear or damage to the bass? Also, you mentioned keeping batteries handy..I own several Peavey basses including Cirrus and Millennium and the batteries last a long time. Your remark makes me think that there may be an issue with the electronics.

Thanks,

Chuck

His answer:

There is no noticeable damage anywhere on the bass. I noticed that if you leave the bass plugged in the batteries will be drained.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I'll stand by my commitment ... NEVER use a word to describe condition... why? The definition changes when we buy or sell.

Let the pictures speak.

Guess I've been a technical writer too long.

DavidEdenAria likes this.
  7. that stinks Chuck - I'm sure it will work out with the refund/Paypal - but what a bummer.

8. Cliff Colton

Cliff Colton

Nov 7, 2016
    How does it play? Would you get another one?

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

another one meaning USA milleinium ...

I'm tainted (once the design flaw is fixed)

10. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Prior to buying the bass I asked:

Scott,

Can you please describe any wear or damage to the bass? Also, you mentioned keeping batteries handy..I own several Peavey basses including Cirrus and Millennium and the batteries last a long time. Your remark makes me think that there may be an issue with the electronics.

Thanks,

Chuck

His answer:

There is no noticeable damage anywhere on the bass. I noticed that if you leave the bass plugged in the batteries will be drained.

11. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I told the seller that I was not happy and why and this is the snippy answer he sent:

I took pics of it and made sure everything was fine before shipping it. The
    cable connection was solid. A tech went over it besides me, and i know how
    to luthier. I just even pulled off the protective plastic. The case was in
    great shape and the pics showed the stickers.

I would have allowed him to offer a partial refund but not now. It is going back and he is going to have to return the full price plus shipping. I will get stuck with the cost of return shipping but I will eat that to make this jerk do the right thing. I am one angry old Texan right now.

12. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Quick photos:

IMG-3314. IMG-3315. IMG-3316. IMG-3317. IMG-3318. IMG-3319.

13. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Who’s the seller? I want to make sure I never buy from him!

14. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own a Millennium 4 with J/J pu's. It is a killer bass. This Millennium 5 is the second I have bought and this one is a killer bass. Plays and sounds fantastic and it has trash strings on it. How I wish it was in the condition advertised. I highly recommend USA made Millennium and Cirrus basses. They are wonderful and can be had for bargain prices.

15. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    The seller is UROC LLC

Now he is asking if it is shipping damage. It is obviously the kind of damage that happens with someone who is careless in handling a bass and bumps it against hard objects.

DavidEdenAria likes this.
  16. Cliff Colton

Cliff Colton

Nov 7, 2016
    ...or careless in packing it.

17. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    I see guitars like this all of the time....to me it depends on price and overall desirability....my 85 Foundation was dinged all over but its black, same with my 90's Foundation 5er all black with maple neck...neck was bowed badly on the 85 but it straightened out....both are killer basses i dont have to worry about dinging up....thats the Eddie Van Halen in me, so these are always out in the room...made to play thru a bit of abuse or mishandling perhaps!

Otoh, i have a few very good basses with what i call 'very good +' condition, an early 1st gen Fury in clear ash which i hardly play because its so clean...not sure if i would ever call it 'mint' or 'near mint' but i would take dozens of pics and would prefer to sell in person (actually, its my brothers bass)...just sayin.

A rarer, desirable piece that plays very well i would likely ask for partial refund...if it is lightweight, that would further lean towards keeping the bass.

Anything common at an average price, i would lean towards a partial refund or return

18. It blows my mind how different people ‘condition’ a bass. I’m super picky I guess - but if the description is very good/excellent/etc - there better not be a mark on it.

19. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    I feel "Mint" is grossly and carelessly overused. Mint to me is still in the original, factory sealed box.
    Excellent is when that box has been opened and the bass used lightly and carefully for a very short time. Looks virtually new.
    Very good/Great when it starts to show some light play wear, pick scratches, maybe some beginnings of fret wear.
    Good is when you start getting into small dents and dings and the frets are showing some wear.
    and it keeps going from there...

MCF and DavidEdenAria like this.
  20. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Personally, as long as dings and dents, etc are disclosed before money changes hands I really don't mind. Each mark is a battle scar that helps tell a story of the bass.