Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Unavailable" and "Uncommon" pieces

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by cold elephant, May 9, 2005.

1. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    Hey to all (i'm new to talkbass)Just a couple of quick questions. Whilst on the site http://www.oase.udk-berlin.de/~mwolf/stream_students.html i heard a recording of the first movement of Frantisek hertl's sonata. does anyone know of any sites to order the sheet music of this from on the net? i've searched for this and for the tubin concerto, but can't seem to find either... :( Also, if anyone knows the piece "extreme" by lajos montag could they give a comparison in terms of difficulty to say, the bottesini Elegy in D major or the Eccles Sonata? (weird comparison, probably, but theyre the only pieces even remotely challenging that i can play, and alll i've heard of Extreme is a clip on amazon. cheap, i know) Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    what do people think of the playing on this site?

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    My sound card isn't working at present, so I can't tell.

Welcome to TB -- and fill out your profile...

4. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    The extreme is significantly more difficult than the eccles. Its a neat piece and definately a worthwhile technical exercise.

5. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    does anyone know where i could buy the sheet music for this piece? ive herd people mention it being found in libraries but after trawling the internet, my local music library and the local music college's library i still have found nothing. :(

6. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    They sell the tubin concerto at the Juilliard Bookstore. It was edited by Zimmerman.

7. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    i dont seem to be able to find it on their website, and i dont live in america (so i can't go and have a look for it myself)

8. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    Sorry to drudge up an old thread, just wanted to say thanks to EFischer1 for putting me onto this website :) (tubin on order as of a few weeks ago)

9. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    Cheers, mate.

10. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    sorry about this, but a few months on, after many computer niggles, email changes and the like which, made corresponance difficult, it seems that the Juilliard bookstore are after all unable to get the tubin for me. so now i see no other option than to order from this site http://www.me4u.biz/index.php3?sc=14 under the classical music section. does this seem obviously il/legal to anyone? i really don't see another option.