1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V3 Rumble reliability data

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CallMeAl, Dec 13, 2019.

1. No problems

136 vote(s)
    76.4%
  2. Had a problem, replacement works fine

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Had a problem, didn’t try another

13 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Had problems with multiple units

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. I have problems growing carrots

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    My Rumble 350 rocks, tons of volume. I greatly prefer it over the V3 Rumbles.

4dog, Giffro and alanloomis1980 like this.
  2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    500 head, and 25 combo for home. Each a couple years old. The 500 gigged regularly, no issues.

alanloomis1980 and Giffro like this.
  3. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Had my 500 Combo and 115 cab since Oct 2017 without any issues at either practise or gigs. So far loud clean and reliable. I hope this track record continues and equals the 30 years of reliablilty my Peavey MKIV head and 1820 cab gave me..although another 28 years from now I hope the nursing home i'm in can cope with the music loll

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  4. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Blew up a V2 150w combo, bought a V3 500w head
    It was scratchy on all the pots from the start, Fender opted not to do anything

After my daughter finished the semester in Jazz band I sold it
    I use Ampegs and Genz now

imabuddha, Giffro and alanloomis1980 like this.
  5. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I’ve flirted with getting a different brand. But every time I plug that Rumble in, it does everything I want it to and sounds so good!

What a testimony! :D

I’ve heard great things about that head! Seems like a great size (watts.) Interesting they phased out all the small heads and only produce the 800.

Giffro likes this.
  6. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    I've had my rumble 100 for about 6 months and no problems here. I have gigged it regularly.

Giffro and alanloomis1980 like this.
  7. RodneyM

RodneyM

Dec 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I only drive mine to church on Sundays but all is good for over a year.

8. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Curious, what specifically are you using?

9. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Ampeg BA115V2 (150w SS)
    Ampeg V4B (100W tube)
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 (Tube pre, SS power)- SLT12 & extention SLT12 (600w to 2-12)

Aaron Houts and alanloomis1980 like this.
  10. 200 combo, scratchy pots. Incredibly boomy, but I dont think that’s a quality issue, sold it and moved on.

11. Fender Rumble 500 V3 head bought used about 3/4 years ago here on TB. Solid backup head and used exclusively every month at one venue. No problems whatsoever.

Marc

alanloomis1980 and Giffro like this.
  12. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Rumble 500 head and 210 cab, purchased new 2016-ish. Steady flow of 2-4 gigs/month, I’ve hauled it around everywhere from small clubs, big rooms and outdoor gigs with no issues. I’ve since upgraded to Mesa and gifted the Rumble gear to my son, who plays on it daily with no issues.

AstroSonic, Giffro, reddog and 2 others like this.
  13. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard.

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Had a 500 Combo with 2x10 extension, zero issues over about 100 gigs/rehearsals.

Now have the 800 head with 2 2x10 cabs, zero issues.

14. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Bought a R500 V3 head and a pair of the R115 V3 cabs back in 2016, other than cleaning the master volume pot last year when it got a little scratchy after nearly two years of gigs and practices, etc, it's all been good. My Rumble Studio 40 has been doing just fine since I bought it not too long after it was released as well.

15. mc900ftj

mc900ftj

Jan 21, 2014
    I voted "No problems". I have had two V3 Rumble combos for well over a year. Both gigged. No mechanical or electronic issues whatsoever to-date.

Side note: after one outdoor festival gig, while loading out, I placed an adult beverage in a solo cup on the 500 -- I know...I'm stupid. Sure enough, I eventualy knocked it over and about 8 oz of it spilled all over the top of the amp including the faceplate and controls. Mopped it up within about 30 seconds with a rag as well as I could. Next day, I cleaned the exterior of the top much better. I put it on my current limiter to power it up just in case....and it worked fine and is still working fine. Didn't even have to clean the input jack or the pots. I don't recommend putting beverages on your amp, but I was pleasantly surprised.

16. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    When I was shopping for a new combo a couple years ago, I was warned by a music store that they were having some problems with the larger Rumbles. So I ended up buying a Peavey Max 115. I’ve since taken a Rumble 25 on trade and used it as a practice amp. No problems with either so far, knock on Plywood.....

Miles_ONeal, Giffro and CallMeAl like this.
  17. ak56

ak56 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    I have serious doubts about the reliability of this poll.

10% of you have trouble growing carrots? Seriously? They're not that hard.

AstroSonic, pcake, imabuddha and 3 others like this.
  18. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    Rumble 25, bought last week to put in the living room for TV commercial jamming - no issues, sounds good - prefer the Ampeg BA108, tho'.

19. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I had a BA108 for quite a while. Great little amp

20. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    It remains my preferred recording amp.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021