1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V3 Rumble reliability data

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CallMeAl, Dec 13, 2019.

1. No problems

136 vote(s)
    76.4%
  2. Had a problem, replacement works fine

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Had a problem, didn’t try another

13 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Had problems with multiple units

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. I have problems growing carrots

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Monday bump

2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Same here!:thumbsup: Bought mine in 2018

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    That's what I ended up going with because I really like wedges.
    I like the sound, but I wouldn't mind it weighing a little less.
    I thought about swapping out the stock speaker for a lighter one, but I know as soon as I do, someone will come out with a lighter wedge amp.
    I'll probably wait for that one.

Bent77 and GonePlaid like this.
  4. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    I bought a Rumble 100 to lighten my load, the Ampeg in my photo was a bit heavy. I love the weight of the Rumble but haven’t been able to get the sound that I like out of it. I have had the amp for about a year and a half and will no doubt keep it as a backup but after NAMM is over I will be looking for a good deal on an Ampeg or Agular. But that having been said, it has been absolutely reliable.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  5. michaeln

michaeln

Mar 26, 2000
    Avery, CA
    I have a Rumble 500 and a Rumble 40. I have had both for less than a month. I just got the 40 to use as a very low volume practice amp in the living room. The 40 has already developed numerous buzzes and crackles and rattles. I removed the grillcloth cover, noises persist. This is with it sitting on a deep pile padded carpet floor.

Amazon is sending me a replacement, but so far I am completely unimpressed with the 40, even the tone (ignoring the noises) leaves me cold. If the replacement sounds as crappy as the one I have, it's going back for a refund.

The 500 sounds and works fine.

6. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    I have a 500 V3 combo and the 210 extension cab, purchased January 2016. Was problem free up until practice on Sunday, started intermittently cutting out, and then farting too. Tried different cables, using passive bass; input jack is solid - not loose or anything. I'm stumped...have a whole host of gigs coming up too. I'll be breaking out the old standby heavy stuff until Rumble gets fixed or replaced. :(

7. michaeln

michaeln

Mar 26, 2000
    Avery, CA
    My replacement Rumble 40 v3 is on its way back to Amazon too. The Rumble 500 v3 is still behaving nicely.

Giffro and alanloomis1980 like this.
  8. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    Rumble 500 head and 410 cabinet purchased 8/8/14.

About 30 gigs and countless rehearsals at high volume.

Bulletproof!!!!!!!!

Slight scratching with the pots at the 2nd year mark. A screwdriver and can of DeOxit cured that.

The cabinet too has been great, only a slight rattle coming from where, I do not know.

Great setup, just recently replaced with a Tech21 head and Hartke Hydrive 410, just because I needed a change.

Still have the setup, which is on Craigslist now.
    4A36A40B-E503-4C5C-AC24-95E8EF3A0D12.jpeg

Coot, bhendrix, jumblemind and 2 others like this.
  9. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Hi @BEADG63 Other users have had the odd problem with the Master pot being scratchy after awhile and some have complained of similar issues to you...check out G-Dogs Wiki Rumble page relating to Scratchy pots...its near the bottom of the Modifications Section titled Rumble Scratchy Pots Cleaned with DeoxIT D5...it is quite possible that pot is to blame..definitely worth a look..I pasted the link below. Good luck.
    Fender Rumble Club Wiki Page | TalkBass.com

bhendrix, BEADG63 and G-Dog like this.
  10. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Rumble 500 v3 head and two Rumble 210 cabs bought as soon as they came out, then gigged regularly (~5 times/month in a variety of locations) til last year. The head had its fair share of drops out of the van or topples from a hand truck stack while in its shoulder bag and never had a single issue. I only stopped gigging it because I picked up a head with parametric EQ and HPF built in, which help in some of the acoustically wacky rooms we play. But I still have the Rumble rig, gig with it at bars on occasion, and would have no trouble resuming higher-pay gigs with it again if needed.

alanloomis1980 and Giffro like this.
  11. BEADG63

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey Giffro, thanks for that! We were away in the Bahamas over New Years and I have not had the opportunity to even look at the amp as it is at my guitarists house. I'll bring my can of DeOxit with me to next rehearsal and hope that the problem goes away. Much appreciated!

Giffro likes this.
  12. BEADG63

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Annnnnd.....FIXED! That was all it was...sprayed the Master pot and the input jack for good measure, worked 'em a bunch of times and, Voila! Thank goodness, as I have quite a few gigs with different groups coming up this month and I didn't want to have to resort to the heavy stuff (8 space rack with power amp, preamp, wireless, etc. and Hartke 410xl) although it's good to have the option :cool:

13. Coot

Coot

Nov 14, 2018
    Winnipeg,Canada
    Did you try tightening all the speaker screws. I have two 410 rumble 500's .. almost every second screw was loose and needed to be tightened right out of the boxes.

14. Coot

Coot

Nov 14, 2018
    Winnipeg,Canada
    Check the tightness of the speaker screws for that rattle..

15. michaeln

michaeln

Mar 26, 2000
    Avery, CA
    Yes I did on both the original and replacement amps. In both cases all the screws were tight. I sent the replacement back for a refund, which I have received.

16. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    Thanks man, unfortunately it’s gone!

sold it last week.

I’ll tell the guy to give it a try

17. Bought my Rumble 500H and 210 cab in May of 2016. The original head, the OD channel didn't work. So it was replaced in a swap. No issues with it since. Have had a ton of gigs and rehearsals with it.

June 2018, one of the speakers in the 210 blew. I contacted Fender and Eminence about a replacement. Eminence got back to me ASAP and said they don't offer the exact replacement but suggested the Delta 10 as a replacement. So I ordered 2 of those and a 2nd 210 cab to round out teh rig. But then a fellow from Fender got back to me and said they don't offer any replacement speakers for the Rumbles. But he had a blown 500 combo on his bench and would gladly send me a one of those speakers. It arrived and I put in the cab and the issue has been fine ever since. But to be fair, most of my gigging has been cover with my GK MB212II combo anymore. Just easier to load and unload and set up vs. head and 1 or 2 cabs.

I still have those Delta 10's "Just in case" and if the day comes to replace a speaker or speakers again, I'll be glad to try them and possibly replace all the speakers with the Delta 10's. They are rated at 350w each @16 ohm. So they can handle the 500 or 800 Rumble easily

18. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Last year I bought a Rumble 200c. Absolutely love it. I came with the 5 year warranty. Does Fender still honor that?

19. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Great question! I remember reading they transitioned from 5 year transferable warranties, to 2 year limited warranties. And that the 5 year would still be honored, grandfathered in as they say.

maybe @G-Dog or @Linnin knows for sure?

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  20. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Fender does honor their warranties, but there has been a change in them. Assuming all transactions are in U.S., my understanding is:

A. If you bought your Rumble 200 combo in 2019 used from someone who bought it new before January 1, 2017 then, yes, it has the 5-year transferable warranty. You need to have the original receipt from the original buyer to establish beginning date.

2. If you bought your Rumble new anytime after January 1, 2017 it may have had the 5-year warranty tag still on it but it, in fact, has a 2-year non-transferable warranty. Not all resellers are very diligent in removing those from such "NOS" products, since honesty is their only incentive.

iii. There is a link to U.S. Fender's warranty webpage on the Rumble Club Wiki page linked in my signature, in the Rumble Info on U.S.Fender.com section.

¥. Some countries have consumer protection regulations that, in effect, provide extended warranties for such electronic devices regardless of manufacturers policies.

Hope this helps.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021