1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Verellen Meatsmoke vs Ampeg SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maxfenderbass, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    Looking to upgrade from my Traynor YBA 200 head. Seen a couple of vintage SVT heads in the area for good prices but every since I heard the CME demo of the Meatsmoke that's all I can think about.

Currently play a Fender American Deluxe P bass in active mode. Play rap rock so obviously i am after the Timmy C sound from rage. The head would be going through a Traynor 4x12 monster. I am aware he uses SVT VR's, SVT-2's and recently saw a pic on instagram of him adding in a AD-200 to his rig.

BUT THAT MEATSMOKE THO

2. jsper

jsper

Jul 14, 2014
    I just got a Verellen Kalaloch with Meatsmoke preamps in it. Even the preamp alone is a heavy, crushing sound. The overdrive is pretty insane. If you can afford it and wait (takes a few months to build), I would advise you do it. Few amps can topple the mighty SVT, but this is an SVT killer for sure.