1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

volume qaundry

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by songwriter21, Mar 12, 2008.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Ok, so I need everyone's help on a pedal chain question. I have 7 pedals in mine, and I'm wondering where I should put my Little Alligator volume pedal. I've noticed that if I have it before my effects, then those effects are unheard when the volume is decreased (makes sense).

So, should I, or can I, put the volume pedal at the end of the chain, and then the effects will be heard a all volumes? Or should I just run it separate from the effects? I'd, ideally, like to have everything situated and running from my pedalboard without broken connections if possible.

Thanks.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Mine is last in chain.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It seems pretty straightforward. If lower level input makes your effects sound worse, then don't lower the input level to them.

4. Whacky... Put it last. Your effects still won't "be heard a all volumes" though, but I gather that's not quite what you meant to imply.

Oh, and in the English language, anywhere you see a 'q' there's almost always a 'u' immediately after it!

5. +1 .....Last in chain

Where it should be.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Notable exception
    QINTAR

WildEagle

7. +2 Right where it belongs.

8. Nice lateral thinking, but I did say English - that's Arabic! :p