1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick thumb nt6,FbassBN5,fbassvf5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Justice4trance, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

Sep 20, 2013
    Singapore
    I am intending to get my next bass.

I play covers of incubus,311,muse, nirvana but also swaying towards rnb, dubstep, classic rock, dream theatre and Metallica, Brit rock.
    (Got a few different groups of mate that I jam with and I get hook to the different genres)
    Also thinking of strengthening my foundation in bass playing as well as enhancing my knowledge by enrolling in a bass course which could also involve jazz

The above titled basses are used and mint and at great pricing. The sellers are my mates.

I could only choose one. Which will be a better choice?

I intend to factor in growl, versatile, cut through the mix when needed,
    fat when needed..and perhaps good harmonics

Right now, already got mij jaguar, mtd Kingston crb and Kingston artist4 for effects now I have gt10b, vox stomplab and just ordered a hothand3.

Thanks all

2. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    I would grab the Thumb without a thought. While I think FBass BN's are awesome, the Thumb has been on my wish list since I played one about 6 months ago. Note that I have 2 Warwicks, but the thumb is a special bass. Totally I think it would I've you what you're looking for.
    Just look out for potential neck dive.

3. I agree, I bought a thumb 5 (06) and was overwhelmed by the craftsmanship, playability, and sound so much that I purchased a NT Thumb 6 over a month ago that I'm still discovering how awesome it sounds. Really growly, mine has the Bartolini pickups, the 5 MEC, both have inherent growl (don't have to dial it in like my J bass), but the 5 with the MECs more so.