West Memphis Three

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Jan 15, 2006.

1. bassface73

bassface73

Mar 3, 2007
    Temecula, CA
    I am really torn about this story, have been for years. While I agree that the system failed, what would have come of these kids in all honesty if they were not vilified in the first place. Wasn't that really the point of the way they acted and dressed? Sure, they are in prison, but they are now famous, is that a good trade off, I don't know?! What do you guys think of the assessment that they are happier being famous than being free?

2. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Great movie.

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Those drugs you're on? I want some.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Wow. I really can't believe you could actually think someone would be happy being famous yet being in prison instead of being free.

Like msquared alluded to, what you smokin'?

5. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle

:rollno:
    ask damien echols, since he's been raped multiple times now and can't get any help from the prison.....

6. Both the original Paradise lost and the sequel are up on Youtube. I watched the first one yesterday after reading this thread. Interesting movie. I've wanted to see it for years.

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yes, bumping an old thread....I did a search and came across this.

Here is part one of the 48 hours special that was done on the case, the next 4 clips which complete the episode can be followed once the first is finished playing.

Can any of us say without a shadow of a doubt that these are not the guys responsible? No, but regardless of this they deserve a fair trial.....

8. paradise lost....i saw it years ago on vhs,and the sequel later......any one with even a passing interest in how the justice system works should see them both.....especially now that people like nancy grace are out there convicting people in the media,based on how much junk food they order in remand....

the thin blue line by errol morris is another great doc about a guy convicted of killing a dallas county cop and sentenced to death,and later exonerated after 11 years in prison

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021