1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What a sad little man...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Michedelic, Feb 15, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coke Kane

Coke Kane Supporting Member

May 16, 2010
    San Gabriel, CA
    I think he meant to say, "a pedal company actually being driven by a "famous" guitar player."

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Another TS clone? How did we ever get along without him? :smug:

3. Another example of opinion/a$$hole rule. Everybody has one and they all stink from time to time.

4. This is exactly what he tweeted & see nothing wrong with it:

upload_2016-2-15_16-47-59.

I think what he's getting at is that a lot of pedal manufacturers know nothing about actually playing an instrument.
    I think he's right, and I would go further to say they're in it for the easy money.
    Selling pedals to players is like picking low hanging fruit IMHO & the profits are really great compared to the cost of raw material & actual work required to make a pedal.

5. Why does everyone NEED to be offended ALL the time in the 21st Century?

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Because he's a tool and he's wrong. Lots of musicians run pedal companies.

7. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Says the guy who makes pedals?

8. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Wut? How many manufactures out there that you can name, don't know anything about playing instruments? Most of the companies I'm familiar with were created because they wanted to make something for their own rig and it just kind of worked out that way.

The difference between Kirk and let's say all the other builders out there that play, is that Kirk is a rock star. That's the ONLY difference. It doesn't mean he's smart or even talented. He's kind of an idiot actually.

9. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Also, it's not about being offended. It's about him being a dipstick and actually believing his own bs.

10. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    OH and here's a much better idea than Kirk's. It already exists too.

Palisades_(1).

11. Kirk's team probably told him players don't do their research & will believe everything Kirk says.
    If they're Kirk fanboys, they buy every word of it.

Old Blastard likes this.
  12. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Well, as long as he doesn't wear a hat indoors, right? ;)

Also, the good folk at Catalinbread and MANY other pedal companies are begging to differ.

13. Don't worry, those guys that are being rude with their hats on are really good at defending their lack of manners.

14. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    This shows you know little to nothing about pedal building.

15. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

Woo boy. Metallica are already the most vilified metal band out there, you know, because reasons. Add Kirk making a pedal, and we're bound to see some hater-aid of epic proportions. Let the butthurt begin!

lancimouspitt, Atshen, hover and 6 others like this.
  16. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Well, as long as nobody's getting offended. :thumbsup:

One Drop and Fat Steve like this.
  17. I don't, nor will I ever, claim to be an authority on pedal manufacturing. I could probably do it. I know how to solder & know a decent about about electricity & electronics.
    Kirk's team probably knows more about it than I do, but they still chose to make this statement, and I'm still fine with it.

edit/add:

I stand by my own statement that the profits are great for pedal manufacturers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.