1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dee_01, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    I have asked several times about Mitsuru Sutoh's basses, but unfortunately I never had any replies. Here are some clips.

Can anyone identify what kind of basses he uses? I thought maybe Sadowsky but I'm really not sure.

2. bassblast

bassblast

Feb 25, 2008
    NY/NJ
    Its got the typical Sadowsky inline control nob set-up,plus its got that Sadowsky Pre-amp tone.

3. Heh, the band he's in sounds like Gran Turismo menu music, awesome.

4. mbtwolf

mbtwolf

Feb 4, 2007
    Hollywood
  5. bassblast

bassblast

Feb 25, 2008
    NY/NJ
    "By George i think you got it "

6. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
  7. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    His latest band is Trix. They are amazing, I have all 4 albums. I am surprised Mitsuru never gets any love on this forum. His playing these days kinda sounds like James Jamerson with plus some cool slap mixed in.

His old band was T-Square. They are one of the most successful J-Fusion bands along with Casiopea.

J-Fusion rules. :)

8. I'd never heard of them before, but they're pretty awesome. I'll have to check out more.

9. Awesome bass tone. Just awesome. Perfection. Great, great player! Wow.

10. Too bad they don't make a 6!!
    Z

11. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007

It's nice to see Mitsuru is appreciated by a couple of people. I've been shouting about this guy for years, he is very inspiring! Check out the Trix albums if you get the chance. The guy has some great lines.

Some of the T-Square stuff is a little hit or miss, but two songs I love are "Explorer" (seen in the first clip) and "Megalith". Those are killer fusion songs. Here's "Megalith".

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl8cg2257oM

T-Square has a new bassplayer now, he's got some insane chops. They did an album called "Groove Globe" and a couple of the tracks on there are outstanding. If you get a chance, have a listen.

12. mbtwolf

mbtwolf

Feb 4, 2007
    Hollywood
  13. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    http://thinkplus.tistory.com/29

Explorer (album version). I dig the harmonizer on the bass in the start of the track. I assume it's a harmonizer anyway. Cool track. It's like music to go shopping in Japan to. :)