1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass will you be playing when the Rapture happens?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JIO, May 20, 2011.

1. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    It's Saturday night (tomorrow) and you'll be on stage during the Rapture. You better have your favorite bass in hand. Which will it be? :rolleyes:

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I'll be jamming drunk at my apartment, with my friend on guitar (hey, it's my day off).

1962 Precision in hand ;)

3. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    Got a wedding. I'll either float up to heaven with my 62 Jazz, or burn in hell with it. Either way, it's not leaving my side :)

4. Lemoore-on

Lemoore-on

May 11, 2008
    We got a gig too! we billed it as the "end of the world" party.

I'll be rockin' a Squier Jag when the reaper comes for me:bassist:

5. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    Studio session, a white 62RI Jazz, then a little 5 string banjo...

6. B.Anderson

B.Anderson Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    I'll be at a jazz gig on my Blonde 1953 Kay.
    This is gonna be fun!!
    B.

7. bassteve

bassteve

Dec 23, 2010
    1978 rickenbacker 4001. i'm going to play it and cry as i am taken up to the sky and i float farther away from it.

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    i wont be playing bass ill be out looting ha, I could never afford an ampeg svt so im stealing one if rapture does come but i doubt it will ha

9. My '95 ATK300 at a rehersal for the musical i'm playing bass in (Spring Awakening)!!

:bassist:

10. SantiagoGT15

SantiagoGT15

Jun 22, 2010
    Praise & Worship Group Leader/Director
    Ray34 and I'll be wearing a white suit...just in case !
    ...and of course I already regret paying the rent and I called to work , to tell them that since tomorrow is the rapture I wouldn't be able to go to work on Monday...they totally bought it

11. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    2008 Am Std P Bass. I sure hope the T-I flats have lived good lives so they are taken, too.

By the way, is this a single event or does it roll with the time zones like the celebration of New Years? I have heard it is at 6 pm, but is that 6 pm everywhere (rolling with the time zones) or is it at 6 pm in one particular time zone and at different corresponding times elsewhere in the world? If so, which time zone gets the 6 pm rapture?

Here are a few tips to help you get through this with as little grief as possible:

1) Make an effort to avoid operating heavy machinery, flying planes, or be part of a human pyramid for being raptured during these activities would harm those who were left behind.

2) Pack a lunch. The journey to the heavens may be long and involve steep hills. It would be in poor taste to be cranky upon arriving at the pearly gates and snap at Saint Peter.

3) Wear clean underwear. Keep in mind, your clothes will be left behind and you want to leave a positive impression of those who were raptured.

4) Water your lawns on the 20th. Just because you have been raptured doesn’t mean you can be wasteful and leave your water running for all of eternity!

5) Feel free to make all of your dentist appointments on the 22nd; the best excuse in the world is being raptured.

6) Get naked to improve your 'lift'. If you haven't been VERY good you might not have enough lift to rise into the air.

7) Stay outside, preferably on a hilltop. That way you won't bump into the ceiling or buildings when you start to rise into the air.

8) Grease up. It's possible that a non-Christian might try to grab you to hitch a ride to heaven. You need to be very slippery to stop that.

9) Prayer-power can speed your way to heaven. Remember to close your eyes and pray like mad when you start to rise.

10) Remember to use the bathroom before you rise. It isn't decent to get caught short while rising into the air.

11) Write CHRISTIAN on your forehead in black felt-tip pen. The holy ghost will be very busy. Do what you can to help him avoid mistakes.

Attached Files:

• end.JPG
      end.JPG
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
  12. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I will be in the studio recording a demo, Playing "Black" (Dirnt P bass) or "Yeller" (Franken-fender). If the world falls into chaos, I hope to start looting and working on My "Madmax" car immediatly upon completion of the recording.

13. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Gonna be rockin' either a Stingray or a Pedulla. Really depends on what song and set during which the Lord decides to take me. Unfortunately, I don't have a Pedulla Rapture, seems like the ultimate bass for the day...

14. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    I just got word that my shorty Squire Jag came in. I will be picking it up tomorrow AM and the playing the stuffing out of it the rest of the day. That will probably be the one.

15. treekiller

treekiller

Mar 4, 2010
    Iowa
    Tomorrow night is the public debut of my "new" modded MIM Jazz(Allparts maple P neck)!!! While it's a little on the heavy side, it has plenty of mojo to make up for it. My main stage bass has been my trusty MIM 'burst P, but the Jazz is now my new "go to" bass. I have barely played any of the others since I got it home. If the Good Lord wants me, it'll be the one in my hands!!! :bassist:

16. I'll be at a Whitlow's On Wilson playing my SSD Czech 4-string through my Mesa Basis M-2000 and Genz Benz UB 212. I sure hope my rig and pedal board make the trip along with my bass- wherever I end up going!

17. lfbassguy

lfbassguy

Jul 4, 2010
    west texas
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland
    playing a wedding. will be using my u.s.a. peavey cirrus.

18. treekiller

treekiller

Mar 4, 2010
    Iowa
    Remind me not to stand next to you in a lightning storm!!! :bag:

19. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Crap. Will this rapture affect the Nascar race Saturday night?

20. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Probably not.