1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What does "TW" mean?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jhan, Oct 6, 2009.

1. jhan

jhan Guest

Question:

I saw this bass for sale:

Spector Euro 5LX/TW

Can anyone tell me what the abbreviation "TW" means?

2. It probably means it has the EMG-TW pickups in it.

From EMG site:

The EMG-TW Series (Bass Pickups in 4, 5, and 6 String Housings) Expanding on our Extended Series Bass pickups, the new Twin Series models are switchable from single to dual-coil, in the same style as our EMG-89 Guitar Pickup. This innovative design puts "two pickups in one" at your fingertips. There are separate outputs for both single and dual-coil pickups selected by the push/pull pot included with each kit. The TW Models use our popular "CS" (Ceramic and Steel) construction for a warm but clear tone.

3. jhan

jhan Guest

Never mind. Did some reasearch and found out. Tks.

4. JRHoch

JRHoch

Nov 22, 2010
    I've been looking into the 4LX-TW. Dare I ask, does the TW stand for the EMG pickups? Or dose the rabbit hole keep going?

5. TMBTC

TMBTC

Oct 18, 2009
    Milton,Fl
    TW is the first two letters in my ex wife's nickname. Can you guess the other two letters???

6. :D

7. The "TW" is simply a certain type of EMG Pickups - no further down the Rabbit Hole than that. :smug:

8. f.vega

f.vega

Sep 3, 2009
    TaiWan:spit:

9. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    :eyebrow:
    Uh, no. Try again