1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What happened to TB?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Helix, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    What happened to TB? I remember when this forum was filled with knowledgeable experienced bassist that could give good advice and opinions.

This forum has turned into a Facebook alternative for a bunch of halve ass players that post comments that don't know what the "F" there talking about.....what happened?

I'd hate to be a new member and not know how cool this place use to be.......

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You'll need to go into specifics, I regularly gain and share information on bass here. I'm not sure when it stopped being a resource of information. Mind you, I am here responding to your post that has nothing to do with bass... irony?

3. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    Your comment is what I'm talking about

fclefgeoff, JaseyT and wmhill like this.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

So did you just make this thread to go on a Facebook-style rant or did you actually want to have a community discussion?

Help me help you here brother.

5. twinjet

twinjet AJ, you're the MAN! Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you considered the technique and general instruction forums? I learn quite a bit there myself.

6. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    I did post this in the "Miscellaneous" forum

Just making a statement that I'm sure a lot of us old timers can appreciate.....don't pay any attention to my sig date (it's changed over the years)

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    It seems weird that you've been here less than 9 months and you're waxing nostalgic about the good old days.

8. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    I think it just comes with growth and an expanding user community....the loud minority tend to be more visible. I check TB throughout the day and there is usually something interesting or relevant to me. However there are plenty of flame/troll posts as well, but any social media site has that problem.

9. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    Read the above post ^

10. DiabolusInMusic

What do you feel is lacking? There are great new posts that are informative and helpful being posted every hour. The last year alone has seen Lee Sklar join our ranks, he is a wealth of information in himself.

If you are not gaining information here have you considered that it may be you?

11. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I think we reached a point where 95% of everything relevant and informative has been discussed to death hundreds of times. Now we just joke about the odd recurring themes.

Every once in a great while something original and fascinatibg is brought up.

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    @DiabolusInMusic has a point. You put this question where it doesn't belong @R.I.P. What part of it is a question about basses?

Also, with guys like @BassmanPaul @line6man @B String and others still hanging around, one can learn a lot around here. Never mind @Roy Vogt and a lot of prominent pro players running around. What exactly do you need from a bass community?

Sure, many of us (myself included) like to have a little fun and throw in a smartarse answer on occasion. And some younger members will get a little too sparky on occasion. But for the most part this is the classiest and most knowledgeable bunch you will find on a forum of thousands of people. Try going to another bass forum and see how Facebook it gets. Oy.

Maybe you just clicked on a few bad threads. Stick around and read a little more. Maybe ask a question. You probably be satisfied with most of what you get.

13. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    So what's your knowledgeable, experienced advice?
    ;)

14. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    Its posted in "Miscellaneous" it has noting to do with "Basses"......this is what I'm talking about. Don't confuse the topic

Most of you guys just don't get it, do you?

Mystic Michael likes this.
  15. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    Not sure if troll or owner of popcorn company...

wintremute, Gabbs, P-oddz and 20 others like this.
  16. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Yes! We are ready for your wisdom! Enlighten us Oh elder of talkbass!

Oldschool94, TJ2000, tbz and 2 others like this.
  17. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    Buy some popcorn....this could get interesting

twinjet likes this.
  18. Murdoc_420

Murdoc_420

Jan 20, 2016
    Colorado
    I haven't been around that long but when I ask advice I'd say 75% of the posts are helpful. I seriously doubt it was ever higher than that, that's a pretty decent percentage for online. (that's pretty good IRL too imo.)

19. DiabolusInMusic

What do you think the "Miscellaneous" section is for? This is not a music related discussion. This is an off-topic grade thread, maybe the lobby.

Are you going to elaborate on your complaints or just keep ignoring the request for specifics? If it is the latter, I have better things to do than listen to internet whining, I have a hungry cat at home.

20. twinjet

twinjet AJ, you're the MAN! Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Anything we could have possibly learned in this forum is easily found via search function. I think that's why this forum has turned out how you think - people are too afraid of being chastised for asking a proper question now. Dumb reason, but...

TJ2000 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.