1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is a good strap for an Ibanez ATK???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by suitlandkid2005, Apr 6, 2009.

1. suitlandkid2005

suitlandkid2005

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't know if I put this in the right part of the forum or not; but I was wondering what's a good strap for an ATK?
    I have been using this strap:
    http://accessories.musiciansfriend....Strap?sku=367504&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2640528

It was recommended on studybass and it was way better than the strap that came with my beginner's ibanez bass. I was using it on the beginner bass and everything was fine until the leather seemed to wear and the bass would sometime fall off of me. I tried it on my atk and the wholes are to big for the small straplocks. Can anyone recommend a good strap for an ATK please? I have a 90's ATK if someone needed me to be specific.

2. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Pretty much any strap will do as long as the holes stand up to wear. I have Levy's and Planet Wave straps and both are holding up fine.

3. suitlandkid2005

suitlandkid2005

Sep 23, 2008
  4. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Due to the weight, I use a 4" leather strap on mine with Dunlop straploc's...that way they won't fall off...You may want to look into installing some straplocks.

5. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    NeoTech Super Bass or Mega Bass Strap....you shoulder and back will love you for it...lol

all i use anymore....

[​IMG]

6. Comfort Strapp works well with my ATK305

7. Anyone of the many at your local store that feels good and has at least some cosmetic appeal? Just an idea.

8. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I've heard great things about the strap you are currently using. I don't use that strap because it is not long enough. Levy's makes a great strap! I just bought two recently because both of my SR5's needed straps. I lucked up and found this worn 3 inch wide leather strap with grommetts on it that is EXTRA long and it worked great. I liked it so much I came home and ordered another extra long Levy's strap.

Also, straplocks are a must now. They save your strap ends and you don't have to worry about your bass falling off.

9. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    +186543561351

I have a couple of these.

10. suitlandkid2005

suitlandkid2005

Sep 23, 2008
    I was thinking about strap locks. Are they hard to install? Or do you just snap them on??

11. kingbee

kingbee

Apr 18, 2006
    +1 for the Comfort Strapp. I've been using mine for months now and I won't ever go back to anything else.

Also, STAY AWAY from the Planet Waves strap. It seems like a solid piece but it is impossible to adjust the strap so the padding sits squarely on your shoulder. I used one for a few months and it just isn't designed for comfort.