1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is your job?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by juancaminos, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. That's really smart. We do a lot of that stuff too. It's called "value added service"

Bar owner has an agenda, and literally everyone he hires is expected to help him succeed. That includes the band. Alcohol isn't the whole picture, but it is a big part of the picture and arguably one of the owner's main products and offerings. It's the nature of the beast, and any bar vendor or employee who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    juancaminos likes this.
  2. honeyiscool

honeyiscool Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Ultimately my purpose on stage is to be the best musician and entertainer I can be, but the bar owner is paying the band to sell alcohol, so the thing is this. Am I getting paid? Then my job is to sell alcohol. I don't have to like it, but that's the gig.

electracoyote likes this.
  3. Hundred proof

Hundred proof

Apr 22, 2018
    IMG_0485.PNG To provide an experience that they will remember ... most are tourists and it may be their only trip to Memphis they're there for blues, BBQ and Beale st. We get people from all over the world and you want to give them a story to tell back home.

Old P Bass Guy likes this.
  4. bearfoot

bearfoot

Jan 27, 2005
    schenectady, ny
    My job is to rock.

5. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    This is starting to sound like a company working on their "motto" or "mission statement " Lol! Your in good hands with...., at GE we bring good things. ...Have it your way...☺

6. Korladis

Korladis Supporting Member

Crush people's souls.

7. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    Make people want to be here!!

juancaminos likes this.
  8. Rock tf out.

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    Play music that people will like to listen or dance to.

Old P Bass Guy likes this.