what's up w/ the hate on these forums?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by triple, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, we agree about TB being above the line in most respects (see my previous post). I guess I'm just saying I can see where he is coming from.

2. I was in one the other day. :spit: OTOH, welcome, new guy. :)

3. You hardly have to be "obsessed with technicality" to dislike Fieldy.

4. Welcome!

Believe me, there is far more GREAT INFORMATION and WORTH WHILE DISCUSSION here then hate. You happen to have been looking in a zone where, unfortunately, the haters are a-plenty. When talking 'Fieldy' or 'Flea' you happen to run across a lotta bone-heads... Not too sure why, but you do. The ones who love 'em HATE the ones who don't - the ones who hate 'em love to stir the pot for the ones that do... Let's call it the Flea-Fieldy Effect or FFE for short...

But believe me - TB is by far the be-all-end-all in everything bass - period. It is the best run, and most substantial information resource on the Internet - not just regarding bass, but regarding many things music, bass and even non-bass related.

Don't let a few 'haters' color your opinion about TB. That would be a cryin' shame.

And pay no attention to Guy N. Cognito... Nobody else does! :D

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Man, I tell ya. I just HATE FiEldy!

6. The only thing I hate is...

...hate, itself.

...and weddings.

:D

7. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    OMG!!! LOL!!! OMGLOLOMGLOLOMGLOLOMGLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeH FiElDy Is TeH SuXoRs!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! OMG!!!

:bag: :D

8. what im not alowed to think the fieldy is bad? and its not that people dont like flea, its just the common misconception that some get that hes the greatest bass player ever. ps, search the technique forum for fieldy and find my opinions :):):)

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Play Nice ! :)

10. MAZDA! MAZDA! what are you some kind of...... welcome to talkbass. this place is an addiction as you will soon find out. another welcome to the low end.

11. At it's most fundamental level, music is about what sounds good, and what sounds bad, like - don't like. there are many variables of course, culture being one of them, and how a person hears and perceives sounds.

for example, I might think the sound of a waterfall sounds beautiful, where-as someone else may not hear that beauty.

12. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Shaker Heights, OH
    +1

i like fender and ampeg (they are not loved on this forum). i get bad comments on my gear all the time. i could care less. learn to deal with critisicisms and arguments.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Ha - ROFLMAO!!! :D :D :D

I only just noticed this - a classic Spinal Tap moment!!

Seriously - somebody should do this - like a mock instructional video discussing "the finer points of Fieldy's technique" ....:p

I'm sure that would appeal to somebody like Jack Black !! ;)

The DVD could have bonus features on Tatooing and how to get the right strap .....:eyebrow:

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

That's what's really great about TB - so there is a cross-section of society - older people who actually have experience of playing music!! A reason to hang around here!!

Whereas every other internet forum I have visited, is dominated by adolescent boys who have done nothing but sit in their bedroom, watch TV, play the latest video game and then told everybody how great they are and how FiElDy RuLez!! ;)

I can't hang ariound anywhere else but TB, as I feel like I coming out in zits just reading the stuff!! ;)

15. I was a moderator on another board some time ago, and it seems that TB is quite civil, espcially given the number of younger folks here. Not to generalize, but often youngin's are a bit more "careless" with their written speech.

Think this place is pretty cool!

I still dont know who this Feildy is. :rolleyes:

16. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    omg ure so cool bruce an autograph QUICK!

17. Bruce Lindfield

That's because they get mercilessly mocked by the older members when they are "careless".....:D

18. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    oh how I love reading those posts:hyper:

19. Bruce Lindfield

We aim to please!! ;)

20. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Boise, ID, USA
    Part of the reason is because they're both great brands, but happen to be mainstream. If I had the extra cash, I'd add an SVT-VR, an 810e, and a Fender P-bass to my collection (even though I don't need any of them!).

And you know how we bassists are... dodging the mainstream as much as possible, from NOT playing guitar to buying a brand of bass 99% of the world has never seen or heard of :D

:bag: