1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's your current dream?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Visirale, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I'm in school for economics but holy crap, I can't have a traditional job. It just can't work for me.

My current band is getting some A&R interest, so I hope that pans out. I just want to be big for a few years, and make a few million (haha who doesn't?) then spend the rest of my life day trading stocks. If money ever gets low, we'll do a reunion tour!

What are your current dreams, no matter how over the top/unrealistic?

2. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Win the lottery. Then I would try tons and different things and know that if I fail I've got millions in the bank.

3. My dream is to not screw up. :p

4. Electrical Engineering, make custom amps & effects, and then live out in the country as "that crazy guy up the road".

5. I enjoy my job and it pays pretty well, so I guess my dream would be to be able to continue to work in this field until I retire. Sorry, I guess that's not really exciting but it's a great feeling to get up in the morning and not think there is something better out there for me.

Mike

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Play bass for a living.

Granted, a sustainable living. No rock star stuff for me. But if all I had to do every day was play my bass, drink beer, eat bacon, and suckle boobs, and still be able to go home to my home in the end, I would be happy.

I also want a family. Lot's of kids.

7. to get out of this lame town.

8. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    I want to finish school with my degree in Accounting+Information Systems and either get a job doing accounting with a nonprofit, a job at the GAO or going to school for my masters then getting a job in the previously-stated two.

9. If you're getting into nonprofit for the warm fuzzies, do A LOT of research on the organizations you'd like to work for. I worked for one (not in accounting) and it was disheartening to say the least. I haven't brushed up on my federal laws, but it's possible a few of them were broken while I worked there.

Mike

10. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    Finish Petroleum Engineering on course without failing anything, and maybe just maybe someday just be a bass player that can make it playin on the big stage.

(own a corvette and doge ram with a hemi)

11. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Getting rid of my credit card debt and student loans would solve most of my problems. Anything more would cause me to lose track of priorities.

12. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Thanks for the advice, will certainly do more research than I would have now that I have that in mind.

:D

13. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Playing bass for broadway shows.

At this point, I'm doing a nice early version. I'm working a part time job [3 days a week] while going to school and playing shows. Right now, I'm playing 4 shows a week until this one ends [Nov 2nd] and then I start a 3 show a week gig from November 18th {I think} until the Feb 2nd. I'm in talks to do a 12 show run in either April/May or March/April. As long as things go how I want them to-I'll be playing theater shows year round with less than 3 weeks between productions.

Essentially, I want to just move up the ladder to shows that run longer and pay more. If i have to work some sort of part time job to make ends meet-I'm up for it. I've got a lot of work to do in the shed and on the networking side, but it will be worth it.

Edit: BetterBottomEnd: Ting-a-ling? I've just started to read more of Vonnegut's work. I think i've read 3-4 of his books.

14. At the moment, to get through life without having to go by the rules of society....cash-only, no loans, so even though I have no credit I don't need. No 9-5 cookie-cutter jobs...I want something dynamic, that challenges my creativity, which is my strongest asset. (it's literally how I made it through high school)

I think right now I want a job doing custom work; I don't care if it's basses, cars, furniture, or even food...it's what I'm good at.

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    To be honest, in this economy, I'd be happy with just about any job I have to wear a tie to work. I'm graduating with a degree in business management with a concentration in management and a minor in accounting. I'm well rounded, and hope a company is looking for that.

Other than that, I'd be happy graduating on time.

16. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm hoping to complete my EE and get into a job working for an amplifier or effects manufacturer, and ideally will have built a side business designing that stuff on my own.

Also my fiance has a possible job opp for a high-paying gig in Amsterdam... I am seriously hoping that comes through! I'm not sure yet how living there would hinder my continued schooling, but I'm almost positive it would be worth the trouble. :D

17. Call me a nerd, but after not doing as great as I expected in freshman year in high school, I want to try and get a 3.8-4.0 GPA average the rest of high school. Additionally, I'm trying to do more community work right now; more of a goal though.

If I do well in high school, I want to study political science, intern for a senator, do community work, graduate, and think of other stuff from there.

I'm dreaming big right now, but it's really the only job I'd like to have because I like to learn about politics. Other than that; Dreaming about a new rig. :meh:

18. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Well, if you ever build a FX25 clone with a good blend and a built in limiter, I'll be your first customer.

Right now my dream is to have a pastrami sandwich.

And I think I can make that happen.

19. Read somewhere that the retirement plan of 80% of American's is to win the lottery. :smug:

20. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Mine is pretty simple. I just want to get some cash together, go to trade school, become an electrician, get my licence, save some money, get myself a house out in the country, and in my spare time learn how to play bass better, learn to play guitar and make my own records which I'll release independently through a website... play the odd show here and there...

I'm a simple man with simple tastes.