1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's Your Favorite TOOL song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stickk, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    My fav TOOL song is either Jimmy or Intension or Stinkfist Live Extended. Please reply.

2. I'd probably have to say Stinkfist or The Patient. Great songs off of my two favorite albums.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The one in D.

4. For sure that one is just killer:D But for real I'd say Right in Two or Lateralus just such a fantastic balance of instruments.

5. jmac

jmac

May 23, 2007
    Horsham, Pa
    If I must pick I'll go with Stinkfist. Tool is one of the bands that to me my favorite song is the one in which I'm listening too at the time.

6. wsmerwin@hotmai

wsmerwin@hotmai

Jan 30, 2008
    "SOBER" It's simple, brutal, and beautiful. It embodies everything alluring and frightening in a song without going overboard. Intolerance, for sheer force of energy, is a close second.

What's your favorite Black Sabbath song ?

7. EclecticElectrk

EclecticElectrk

Aug 26, 2008
    Brooklyn
    SCHISM!!!!!!!!!!! ...just kidding i love Opiate, Hush, Sober, The Pot, Lateralus, ..IMO theyre a better band when you listen to an entire album, they have a great vibe like that.

8. I like Stinkfist, The Pot, The Grudge, Parabola, and Sober. I can't choose just one.

9. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Vicarious, followed by Jambi have it all for me.
    What a 1-2 punch!

10. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    AEnima and Hooker with a Penis.

Why? AEnima is beautiful and HWAP has a great drive to it.

11. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Flood and The Grudge probably. Hard to choose because these dudes are pretty album-oriented to me.

12. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    aenima, stinkfist, H, eulogy, sober, prison sex, parabol/parabola....not a big metal/core/hard rock guy, but they are an awesome band.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Impossible to choose just one, but H. has been getting a lot of play lately.

14. gahpg

gahpg

Jun 30, 2007
    Brookfield IL
    That's like obtaining the entire Lakland or Sadowsky inventory and trying to choose which one to gig tonight...you'd have to switch basses for each song and you'd still be overwhelmed!

Watching them live even makes it harder to pick a song because they add such cool bridges and stuff...not to mention they really connect well.

They have so many strong songs...Schism, Aenema, Lateralus, The Patient...jeez the list goes on. I've been listening to them strongly for the past 3 years (since my Sophomore year of high school, now a college freshman. Known about them since they released Lateralus when I was around 7th grade) and i've yet to tire out from them.

I can honestly say there isn't a tool song I don't like, and that's going from Opiate to 10k Days, including Salival.

However, for the sake of the thread I will say Aenema. I'm not even gonna bother saying why I like it.

15. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Rosetta Stoned, Jambi, Prison Sex, Lateralus, Ticks and Leeches, H. 46 and 2, 4 Degrees, Sweat, Cold and Ugly, Parabola, Eulogy. Hell every Tool song is my favorite, these guys are my all time favorite musicians.:hyper:

16. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Rosetta stoned or third eye.

17. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    46 and 2

18. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Since I've been a Tool fan for a long time I wish it could be one of the old school tunes, but if I have to pick one it's Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned.

19. Third eye far above and beyond.

Wings part 1 part 2 is pretty damn good too.

Hell but we're comparing 12's to 11's out of 10 here people.

20. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

All?.....ALL!!!!