Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where or who next

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Seanie_fitz, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Seanie_fitz

Seanie_fitz

Oct 24, 2005
    I began to listen to primus about a year ago and les' licks made me go out and buy my first bass now a year later armed with a new bass i thing im getting somewhere at last. Primus is my main love and just today bought a Stanly Clarke album and he is fantasctic.

Im just on the look out for any other bass players with the same style. Funky slap and pop etc. Any suggestions on whta artists or Cd's to get my hands on Cheers

2. hmmm...

Funk...Slap...Pop? I can't really think of any bassists that fall into that category. Just Jokin' :D

- Louis Johnson (Brothers Johnson)

- Bootsy collins

- Marcus Miller

- T.M. Stevens

- George Porter Jr. (The Meters, i'm not sure if he slaps much but he's freakishly funky)

- Ray Riendeau

- Flea

- Victor Wooten

- Abe Laborial

- Bill Dickens

3. You might wanna give the last one a listen, but don't pay attention to him when he "machine guns it."

There is a guy who plays an NS stick called Don Schiff. Give him a listen if you want to hear some cool stuff.

4. you should add Stu Hamm to that list, he does some cool tap stuff as well

5. I like those fast things he does. I can't wait to here his first solo album.

6. Seanie_fitz

Seanie_fitz

Oct 24, 2005
    Thanks for that ive heard of a few of those guys but dodnt know weither id enjoy there music. cheers all for the replies

7. Sean_fitz_lover

Sean_fitz_lover

Oct 25, 2005
    You boys better back off and leave my Seanie alone!!! I'll tell him what music to listen to....
    Now seanie, give up the bass guitar and start listening to your heart. You love me sean, you don't need this guys.

8. Seanie_fitz

Seanie_fitz

Oct 24, 2005
    Gerard is my friend and he is wally.