1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who's trying to lose weight this year??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Dec 31, 2012.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Add me as a friend. [email protected]

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The only weight I'm trying to lose is what I gained over Christmas break. Once I get back into my exercise routine it should be a breeze.

3. dieselbass

dieselbass

May 15, 2010
    Davis CA
    I'd like to drop 30-40lbs. I'm 6'7" 280. Hitting the gym and dieting with my wife.

4. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I'll maybe sign-up on loseit once I get back at my apartment. 5'10.5" 185lbs at the moment. I plan onto reaching 170, I should be pretty much "cut" at that weight.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Two new friends today! We can get this done together!

6. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

7. Thanks for starting this thread! I'm at 256 now, and trying to work my way down below 220. I exercise a lot (tennis), but have to watch my eating habits if I want to drop the tonnage.

I just joined lose it.com - looks helpful. Feel free to friend me there!

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I weighed in at 180 the other day. I wouldnt mind dropping 10lbs.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    PatentNonsense, need your email address to friend you.

If you want to do it the other way mine is [email protected]

10. Samsound

Samsound

Sep 28, 2010
    I just retired from the US Air Force at 38, and I'm starting Insanity next week. Looking to lose an inch or two, 10-20 lbs, and to tone up. Stoked.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Thanks for your service and good for you.

I was talking to USAF recruiters (had every intention in following in my dad's footsteps) until I was made an offer by my company right out of college.

Part of me wishes I didn't get the job offer right off the bat.

12. Samsound

Samsound

Sep 28, 2010
    I didn't think I'd be able to retire yet, but the perfect job opened up, and I jumped on it. The last two years have been hard on my body/health. Conducting nightime flight instruction and evaluations half the week has really hampered my working out and proper nutrition. I once ate Kwik-E-Mart hot dogs before a flight, and it was the first hot "meal" I'd had in three days. That was when I knew it was seriously time to think about wrapping it up, lol.

13. My fiance' and her friend have been supposed to start working out together. her friend has been making excuses as to why they haven't started for nearly two months. so last night I said to the fiance' "would you like me to do 30 day shred with you?"

out came a notebook with our starting weights, goals and weekly progress being wrote down. so long story short I guess I'm losing weight this year.

14. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I have dropped about 40 lbs since August. I stopped all meats and dairy from my diet. Not only has the weight come off I sleep better, feel, look better. I am off two medications that I had to be on before due to poor diet and high Cholesterol from animal fats.

It is a hard approach but in my case I saw no other option. Forks over knives got me started but even the eating lifestyle in the film/book is very extreme and hard to stay on foe even me who uses some oils and eats nuts.

15. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    I worked out yesterday for the first time in two weeks and I ate a lot in that period. Happy to see that I didn't gain much or notice a lot of extra padding. For some reason, I felt less loss of muscle tone in this period, too. Might be what I ate, but I also didn't load up on bakery/sweets and I used to really like the bakery around this time of year. Since I stopped drinking diet soda, I just don't crave anything. Dropping carbs has made a huge difference.

16. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    "Trying"? No.

Hoping, yes.

17. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well played, sir.

I'm down 2 already. No soda, no Red Bull. Just tea and water.

I've cut out sugary snacks and am snacking on healthier things like nuts, yogurt, granola and fruit instead of candy.

Any other success thus far?

19. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Thats excellent!
    I started my workout routine yesterday. Ran a mile and walked another half. Its been a while since Ive been jogging, so I started light. I'll be up to 3 miles, likely by the end of the month.
    I had a pretty healthy dinner, no snacks. At this rate, I may also have lost those 10 lbs by the months end.

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Great to hear! Right now I'm trying to get my body adjusted to eating less and eating healthier. Once this is complete, my hectic schedule should pick back up and I'll squeeze the workouts into that routine once I'm back to school part time, working full time, and traveling on the weekends for work.

That, and I'm signed up for a 175 mile bike ride in September and am debating doing a sprint triathlon as well.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021