1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Who's trying to lose weight this year??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    How's ya post-Hogmanay heed?

2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    You and your metric system. Why not use units EVERYONE understands and say you want to lose 3.57 stone?:p

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If anyone wants the "motivation" of me harassing them on loseit.com you can add me as a friend with my email: [email protected]s.com

4. In June i was 230lbs and about 25% body fat. Now I'm 181 and about 11% fat.

I'm 41 and 6'5".

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I lost 25 last year. Pretty sure I've put it all back on. Maybe I should just shoot for getting it off again. Sounds like a very reasonable goal......

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So here's the thing... I stand 5'7" and I'm at 199 lbs. (never hit the dreaded 200 lb. mark) and want to get down to 165 or less. Just ran the BMI calculator and I come up obese.

This has to stop.

7. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    T -

Congrats on the decision. I've dropped 41lbs in the past year (going from 223 to 182) - I'd like to drop another 10 lbs or so. I had it off at one point, but found it difficult to maintain. I'd encourage you to get pics of yourself now as well as a full eval (true bodyfat %, body measurement, etc) so you can track your progress. Find a plan that works for you and stick with it. Good luck!

A

8. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I am in decent shape, but I am 41 and starting to slip. Some weight loss is part of my overall goal of improving my diet and fitness regimen. All of a sudden it is incrementally harder to stay ahead of the curve. My love of carbs will be the biggest hurdle.

9. paradog

paradog

Dec 25, 2011
    Central NJ
    I'm on myfitnesspal.com if you want to join the journey.

10. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    I need to lose 18 pounds.

11. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    I spent the last year and a half loosing 125 pounds. I have gained about 25 of it back so I too need to loose some poundage this year.

12. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I'm definitely going to keep trying to lose more weight. Last year I joined the Biggest Loser competition at work and dropped about 30 pounds during the contest, then kept going on my own and dropped another 10. Unfortunately, I got back off track and am back up about 10 pounds (so I'm still down 30 all together!). Starting today, I am officially back on plan and going to keep moving forward. I wasn't exercising, just watching what I ate. I didn't explicitly cut out any foods either. I just gave myself a calorie count, and watched what I ate. If I wanted some junk food, I could have it, but it went against my daily count, so eating a cookie that's 450 calories really took away from the real meals, so it was easy to guilt myself into not eating it. I'm definitely signing up for Biggest Loser again this year, as that's great motivation, but once I get on plan, I keep myself going. Plus, I bought a bunch of new clothes, and more importantly, motorcycle gear, and it's starting to get a bit snug! Can't have that, so time to keep losing so things fit again....or better yet, lose more and have to buy even more new stuff (again, especially the motorcycle gear!)

13. Lost 40 in 2011, got lazy in 2012 and put 20 back on. :atoz: Time to drop at least 30 in 2013. Maybe I'll sign up for the LoseIt thing...

14. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    about 6'5", 187, weight isn't bad, beer gut is and upper body flab though, trying hiking, stomach crunches, and push ups, unfortunately all the snow shoveling i did back east can't continue due to LA's climate

15. Well, I was tempted, but didn't want to confuse people. :p

I want to drop 4 stone, get down to ~19 stone. The hopefully drop another couple (but not in a rush to drop that final part, just the mega excess at the moment).

17 stone / 238 lbs / 108 kg is my rough final goal (well, I was happy at that weight, I'm a big and bulky guy, 6ft4, weightlifting and rugby).

Not too bad really. Wasn't in Edinburgh, was back in my hometown, caught up with some old friends and made the mistake of going out in the 'nightclub' in town, which was pretty dire. Had a couple nips, that was about it!

Did you behave yourself?

16. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Haha. Small town night clubs are one of life's little joys. :)

Yes, I was a good boy, as I always am.

Carry on, gym bunnies...

17. I'm sure you were ;)

Indeed! It's probably why it was over a year since I was last there!

18. I actually completed the insanity challenge last year... It was not too easy lol. This year im just focusing on keeping it off! :)

19. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Did you get the free shirt for completing it?

20. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I need to lose like 80 pounds. I'm in very bad shape.

Thanks for mentioning loseit.com. I just signed up.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021