Winter NAMM 2017 (ultra Pic-heavy)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wintremute, Jan 19, 2017.

1. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm new to Remco Hendriks. I see he is a player of substance, like Jan-Olof Strandberg, but is he more of a mannequin or has he recorded anything you would recommend musically? Like, beyond display of technique?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    I suggest you go check out his YouTube channel to hear the songs he wrote. They're pretty good grooves.

Remco's Groove Lab

cdef likes this.
  3. rogeralcantara

rogeralcantara

Feb 9, 2017
    hey brad! it was nice meeting you there and thank you for dropping by our booth and for the hang. we're back in manila back to the daily grind. never really got the chance to really thank you for the kind words and warm welcome. being first timers at namm we had major jitters and we were a bit lost with all the stuff goin on. but we had fun. we hope to see you again next year. we'll definitely have a bass or two stationed at your booth. your cabs are killer man!

Brad Johnson and Mr_O'B like this.
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

Great meeting you guys too, Roger. You're doing great work so telling you that was easy ;) Looking forward to the next time.

rogeralcantara likes this.
  5. yousaiditman

yousaiditman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    Forgot I took these pics. Incredible color in this Fender JB on the wall at NAMM17

IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG

6. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    This one?

20170120_173826.jpg

BeeTL and saltymonkey like this.
  7. Yes sir, wouldn't have to twist my arm very hard to take one of these home. It appears to everything I want in a PJ.

MarkoYYZ likes this.
  8. PeterH

PeterH

Dec 31, 2015
    Not New York
    Hey! Was wondering if anyone saw/tried out the Stingray 5 30th Anniversary? Been trying to find any word on it because I'm gassing pretty hard for one (hopefully I can catch them before the end of the year?)

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I would post a new thread in the basses section. You would probably get more hits there. Good luck with it.

10. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    I know this is late for this thread, but I just realized that @TheBassWizard1 made a video of NAMM! I haven't checked it out yet, but if his video skills are half as good as his bass skills, then it will be awesome!

Complete NAMM Walkthrough and Tour

11. Red Clay is a "classic"..nice rendition.

12. Really digging the Steely Jam...

13. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Great pictures. It was hard to see everything. Attendance was around 100,000 people from what I was told. I got to play Ida Nielsen's bass and had to have it! Bought it as soon as it got to Chicago! Was great to meet Ida as well!

Attached Files:

GregC, TomB, alaskaleftybass and 4 others like this.
  14. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I see by your pics Tech 21NYC has some new 112 cabs out. It's the latest rage!

TB24 likes this.
  15. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    JimmyM and Passinwind like this.
  16. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Tech21 dUg Pedal

Form Factor vs Barefaced cabs

That’s a starter for 2!

17. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Moonshine Guitars and Basses please....:thumbsup:...

18. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Cabs with multiple speakers, particularly 2x12 and 2x15 (if anyone dares to make those things anymore!).

Edit: And I wouldn't mind a comment or two about the Genzler Magellan 212, please, especially if Barefaced shows up with their Big Twin and is sitting right next to them and you could compare them! :)

19. Non boutique full range cabs.

20. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021