1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would you pay $40 for Primus?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ebonalley, May 24, 2011.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    So Primus is in town tonight and although I'm not a big fan I respect Les's talent. Anyone here seen them in concert? Are they worth $40 for general admission?

2. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    No. But then I won't pay more than $15 to see a show unless it's someone who very rarely comes through town and/or I really, REALLY, like.

3. PJMiDi

PJMiDi

Feb 27, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Seems reasonable for GA. I've seen them a few times and it's definitely a good show(not a huge fan either). Is it just Primus, or is there an opener too?

4. ffutterman

ffutterman Talentless Bass Enthusiast

May 7, 2010
    Philadelphia
    If you don't like Primus, you might be very bored. They can get kind of jammy sometimes. That said, I'm a big fan of Primus and the live shows are pretty fun for me, and Les does have the "Wait...what? What just happened?!" moments for you when he plays.

5. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    No

6. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    depends on the venue.

And if you don't dig them, why waste $40?

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I wouldn't since they are not much to my liking.

8. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, they put on a very entertaining show, $40 is not much for a concert these days.

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    No.

10. nickbass79

nickbass79

Nov 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yes, That is the average price. If you respect Les, Primus is worth seeing. He is a GREAT performer, Eclectic, but a GREAT performer

11. If it was my first time I would, but probably not if I have been to a few. I have no problem paying a little more to see musicians I like.

12. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    They are playing with Dirtfoot.

13. Thane

Thane

Feb 27, 2010
    Even if you're not super into them, if you've never seen them before it might be worth it. $40 does seem steep but not unreasonable.

14. Personally, No... I love Primus, but ticket prices are getting too high.

15. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    Not a chance.....paid $25.00 about 12years ago when they were "popular" and end up leaving the place halfway thru the show.And i was a fan....

16. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Tough call... $40? That's a tank of gas these days (almost... if you drive a subcompact). Or half a bag of groceries. Or dinner out with wifey if we snag a Groupon and don't go nuts on the drinks. Anymore for me anyway, I go about as high as a $10 cover charge and that's all I can allow myself to do.

If you're not a hardcore fan I think I'd pass. Never heard of Dirtfoot.

17. Emm9T

Emm9T

Sep 28, 2009
    Holiday, Fl
    I'm going to the show in Clearwater FL for the same price and I expect it to be completely worth it. It will be my first time and I'm a fan. Compared to other bands, $40 is pretty cheap. I paid $80 for Iron Maiden *cheap* seats last month.

18. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm not a fan at all. However, to me it would be worth the money to see Les Claypool play. I economize as much as I can, but $40 seems like a fair price.

19. Since mp3s, all concerts are expensive. $40 isn't that bad. I've seen Les play a couple times with different projects and it was well worth it every time.

20. $40 is not bad at all for a concert ticket! I paid $80 to see Rush last July. However if it not a band you are really in to then it might not be worth it.