1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wounded Paw - Battering Ram

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Apr 14, 2009.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Just Caught Wind of This guy....

[​IMG]

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    I like how it blends the two effects instead of running them inro each other.
    If the overdrive retains good lows this could be awesome.
    I use an OD, Fuzz and Blender for this. If I can find something like this that has good sounds it could be a godsend.
    Now grygrx, you need to buy and review :D

3. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    this pedal is at the very top of my gas list.

dual OD / octave up fuzz with killer visuals and name, can't think of what could be better.

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i want it. i wish it had a master blend, though... or maybe two independent blends (one for each side).

5. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    i plan on using the master blend of my barge VFB-2 for that.

6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    right on. could do that, too.

thing is, i really like the blending on the Attack Goat... i was just hoping to have that option available again.

7. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    word. one for each side would probably make it the ultimate fuzz/OD combo. i'm hoping it will be a much more appealing alternative to the disnortion.

8. If I could offer up a few insights on my new design:

It doesn't have a blend because the overdrive section with the LO switch on retains the complete range of a bass and with the drive of the overdrive section in the lower half of its range there is enough clean signal to not need a clean blend.
    The overdrive and fuzz sections each have their own level control instead of a blend between them and a master volume.

9. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    sweet. thanks for the explanation. your pedals have some of the best aesthetic and "vibe" i've seen. OD and fuzz should look as sinister as they sound. i've yet to own one, hopefully this will be the first. i really want to get rid of my boss ODB for good, and the high freq knob looks promising.

10. I saw this on their website the other day. I thought I missed the thread on it here, cuz there's no way I would have seen it first!!! I hope someone does a review....

11. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Looks very cool! Very tempting... Would the fuzz section happen to be related to the Foxx Tone Machine? It has the same controls, which is why I ask. So far as I know the Foxx Tone Machine has the reverse ground of most pedals; does this pedal have a reverse ground or is it friendly with a non-isolated output daisy chain?

12. Lefty Geek

Lefty Geek

Feb 13, 2006
    NYC
    $175

Waiting for the reviews....

13. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    He's currently banned, so you may be waiting a little longer, unless he re-joins and comes in disguise!

14. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    totally a fair price for both options.

15. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    +1. Given they make a big thing of the blend on the Attack Goat it's disappointing not to see a clean blend (on each side) here. Maybe it'll be an option...

16. Lefty Geek

Lefty Geek

Feb 13, 2006
    NYC
    I agree. I was expecting a $200+ price tag.

The whole explanation of a always on OD with added fuzz when needed makes sense to me. I don't have an SVT, but I use an OD to get the sound, but I need a bit extra every now and then.

17. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I'm looking forward to it.

18. I want that.

Real bad.

This is the first serious GAS attack I've had in quite a while, especially for something that would actually probably be useful. I may need to start selling stuff.

19. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    this sounds great.

20. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    So does this mean you're getting one to review?