1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

You Don't Know What Love Is

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by The_Reverend, Apr 28, 2009.

1. The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Dec 3, 2008
    Does anyone have a chart for this tune? I'm not sure if Chet Baker wrote this or not but it's his version I'm looking for. If you don't know the tune, it's a great ballad which you can hear here

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    No, he didn't write it. It's a standard that a myriad of folks recorded. If you're just looking for the melody and chord changes, any number of fake books (like the Chuck Sher Real Books 1,2 and/or 3, which I like to recommend since he pays royalties to the publishers).

I'm not really sure what you mean by "his version", is there a sopecific arrangement or are they just playing the tune?

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Is that a chart expressly designed to put the audience to sleep? :eyebrow:

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Naw, I'm just conflating SO specific....

5. The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Dec 3, 2008
    Well his version is the only one I'm familiar with and so I don't know if he made any reharmonisations etc. I've been hired by a man who wants to play this tune, since time is short, the conveniance of written chord changes would be great although if I don't find it, i'll just transcribe it.

6. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Like Ed said... It's in a ton of fake books. Prolly even one you can find at Barnes and Noble or Borders.