1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zeitgeist - Have yu watched it yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Xed32, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, I've seen it. While questioning some of the information and sources, I do believe in the basic premise of the movie, and that the US will end up ruling the world whether we like it or not.:help:

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    what is a zeitgeist is that like a ghost or somethin?

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

No but I really enjoy the smashing pumpkins album with that title.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    I've seen it. -and i agree that american mass media servers the "youre not told what youre not suposed to know".

Other than that the movie is not suprising at all for me, i already knew that there is ppl too powerful in the world thats leading us through the path they want us to go like the horses in a coach, partialy blinded.

5. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Excellent film so far. The number of parallels to Jesus in different civilizations is astonishing.

6. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    I just saw it - all of it. I encourage everyone here to see it... I have nothing against Christians, but I encourage them to have an open mind. I encourage everyone to have an open mind.

The parallels of the US to Germany are astounding. And it's disturbing that I can't move to Canada anymore... it's all in the videos.

Youtube links: (You only need the first one, the following videos are video responses to each other)

Also, the first part is the most boring one and has the least bit of information. It does have some good visuals though.

7. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    sounds political but i aint watching that whole thing, the first couple of minutes was just pictures of earth and stuff. boring..

8. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    skip the first one, as I said it's the most boring one...

9. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    +1

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    No.

11. watch it then

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Interesting movies. Is it released and in theaters?

13. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    What, you can't watch a film longer than two minutes because there isn't instant action? :confused: Two minutes doesn't even get you through the intro sequence!

Kinda of ironic that one of the points in the film was that dumbening down the general audience is beneficial for the ruling class, too.. :meh:

14. I believe the translation for zeitgeist is "spirit of the times", or "spirit of the age". Zeit meaning "time" and Geist meaning "spirit". It describes the culture and the ideas of a period of time.

15. Well, I just watched the first part of the film and it is, without question, the single worst 'documentary' I've ever seen.

At no point during the first 35 minutes did they present ANYTHING that comes even close to being considered a fact. I looked into the stories of Horus, and a number of the other figures they mention, and all the information I've found is entirely contrary to what is presented in the film. I could not find anything that supports the claims they made concerning the alleged parallels between the life of Jesus (whom the film claims never even existed, despite overwhelming evidence for the contrary) and the other figures. They even overlooked some incredibly basic and obvious facts that blow massive holes in their argument. Like the fact that everybody with a clue acknowledges that although Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December, Jesus wasn't born on that day. Neither were any of the other figures that they mentioned. for that matter!

It was so far from truthful or factual, that I actually thought the film might have been made as a joke - perhaps the film makers wanted to see just how much they could get away with?

The production value was also dreadfully low. Usually I will ignore something like that if the content is good. The content in Zeitgeist was abysmal. It's kind of ironic, really. The whole film is about people buying into and believing myths, and yet the whole film is based on lies. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I would seriously question the intelligence of anyone who believed the claims they made in the fist part of the film.

16. Yeah, at least one-fourth.

- Dave

17. I have it but I haven't watched it yet. I'm waiting for someone to watch it with but no one wants to watch movies with me lol :(

18. The unfortunate thing is that this film is not backed up by any research or sources. To many people watch it and believe it without delving deeper into what it says. Although personally, i wouldn't mind if all the stuff about religion was true....

19. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I've watched it. I think there is a lot of truth to the things in the movie. Not 100% accurate, but I've yet to see ANYTHING that is. It's really 3 different movies in one, and might have benefitted more from separating them into 3 different films.

I also suggest seeing "What the bleep do we know? Down the Rabbit Hole" (Quantum Physics as it applies to religion).

..as well as checking out "The end of America" (US politics):

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.