1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

zoom b3 with combo or fender bronco?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eaman, Feb 12, 2013.

1. eaman

eaman

Jan 24, 2012
    Italy
    Heya, I just got my self a worn road precision just for fun (I play violin) and an used 35w orange combo.

Now I want more fun :)
    I just play for myself at home with my favourite tracks (police, muse, portished, green day, the easy stuff...) and I'd like to be able to get the right sound for each track easy.

So I was thinking: either get my self a zoom G3 (or similar, maybe vox?) or exchange my orange combo (35w 12' inch speaker) for a fender bronco 40.

What do you guys think?

2. Synesisbassist

Synesisbassist

Dec 28, 2012
    For just playing at home, the orange combo would be plently. The Zoom B3 is a wonderfull pedal, 3 effects at the same time, along with 12 amp sims and 99 diffrent pedals. Here on talk bass, there is a fourm called B3 patches where users post their own made patches with everyone, and someone has a google doc share that you can download the patches and mover them to your b3 with Zoom edit and share. From the Zoom webside you can download Zoom edit and share, where you can plug the pedal into the computer by usb, power it, and listen to your bass and music tracks through headphones pluged into the pedals output 2. (with one of those headphone jack things) The pedal also comes with a recording program, sequel le. Great buy IMO. Hope you enjoy!!

3. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    The Zoom has some fun stuff in it. You can enhance your tone with it especially with a small amp. practice silently through headphones, and have some basic drum loops to help you keep time. I take mine to work with me (I work on a ship) where I have a beater bass and practice silently so I don't disturb anyone.

I'd say keep your precision get the Zoom and use it aid in your practice and yes make things more fun to give you more inspiration to play.