1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

101 Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by girlonbass, May 13, 2010.

1. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    Hello all,

Please pardon my faux pas if I have posted this the wrong place.

Over the past while I’ve been documenting different types of basses and have ended up creating a website on basses.

Since then I’ve decided to create a blog that follows the same theme. The challenge for the blog is to play and document 101 basses over the next two years. This is about one bass per week.

If anyone is interested please take a look. I’d appreciate any constructive feedback that anyone has to offer.

The blog is at: http://101basses.bass-aholic.com/

And the main bass website is at: http://www.bass-aholic.com/

If you would like to support my blog you can help by reading it, creating RSS bookmarks and/or registering.

Thanks,
    Terri

2. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Nice site...subscribed!:hyper:

3. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    Thanks KingRAW!

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Sounds interesting

5. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Cool! But I think if we were to change the spelling it should be base, not bais. Bais looks French to me, like the "s" should be silent.
    I like base as defined on Dictionary.com. Seems like a nice fit for our typical role in a band situation. But then maybe in that context we would BE the base rather than playing the base. Hmmm...

"We have Jim on the drums, Tim on guitar and Wade is our base."

Hah! Not too bad I guess ;)

6. That's a great idea! I can't wait to see what you think of all the great basses your going to get to play!

From your most recent blog:
    Are you familiar with f-bass? I wouldn't call them direct competition because they are striving for a different standard of excellence. But if you can find one to play or visit their shop I'd love to hear your thoughts!

7. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    Yeah you're right bais doesn't work either. My room-mate came up with bace. But I figure since most musical terminology is Italian bace would be pronounced bay-ch.

I just hate that bass is a fish.

Terri

8. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    I was not familiar with F-Bass. I am now! That AC 6-string fretless is HOT!

I added a stub to my web-site http://www.bass-aholic.com/basses/f_bass/f_bass.htm And will try to research this more later.

Do they have any dealers in Vancouver? I love to take a closer look.

Terri

9. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Terri, you forgot a huge company in your list :(

CHARVEL/JACKSON

need pics of some unique or standard ones let me know I got plenty ;)

10. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    You also forgot Phantom Guitarworks!

11. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ^^^^^^not big enough to list...lol She sure did add your favorite company though :spit:

12. It might be worth a cross-Canada trip:

"16 McKinstry Street
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8L 6C1

We would love to have you visit our shop to check out our instruments and see the facility, especially if you are from out of town. Please call ahead of time and make an appointment. This includes the possibility of Saturdays and Sundays."

13. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Great initiative, there. I especially appreciate the bass-luthier directory you've created - really helps both old and new players search through the manufacturers. The images are a great touch too - helps give each manufacturer identity. :D

If you're in need of links, I might be able to send quite a few via e-mail, I've got an entire Bookmarks folder stacked with major and minor luthiers.

14. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    WELL she DOES have VOX guitars on there - and VOX hasn't been known for BASSES since 1969 or so bro! :spit::spit:

Except for the scarce Matsumoko VOX branded axes rose morris commissioned in the early 80's :bag:

15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Not to mention that "bais" is one vowel away from being a word you really, really don't want to use for the new spelling.

16. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    No they were there all the time! :smug:

(Actually I just added them.)

http://www.bass-aholic.com/basses/charvel_jackson/charvel_jackson.htm

If you have suggestions or pics you can email them to me. (Email is on the contact page)

thanks,
    Terri

17. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    no problem Terri, cause that "example" is not picture-worthy for your site to add right after Jans Ritter in the "J"'s..I'll hook you up this weekend ;)

18. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
  19. girlonbass

girlonbass

Apr 3, 2009
    Thanks for the invite. Hmmmm...Any good wineries in the Hamilton area?:cool:

Terri

20. subscribed...can't wait to see what you'll get to play! Good luck!