1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4-Ohm 410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bdplaid, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I'm doing a survey to find out who makes a 4-ohm 410. Top of my current list are two cabs not out yet: GK CX410-4 and Aguilar SL410x. Feel free to comment on those and also add to the list, but it has to be 4-Ohm. Thanks.

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan

1960jbass likes this.
  3. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    Ampeg HLF

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

There are some Genz cabs out there that came in 4ohms.

5. SWR made a 4 ohm version of the Goliath.

David Jayne likes this.
  6. ElectricMatthew

ElectricMatthew

Aug 19, 2009
    Bergantino HD410 & HDN410

7. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Schroeder and Carvin

SLO Surfer likes this.
  8. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

The Genz Benz Uber 410 came in 4 ohm. The Berg HD410 also (I see that one is already mentioned).
    I have an old Genz XB3 that's 4 ohm too.

Mastermold likes this.
  9. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    The Fender Rumble V2 410 is 4ohms. You can usually find one (used) for under 200 bucks. 500 watts continuous, 1000 watts max.

2347000020-1__44292.1364041314.500.750.

10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

What company doesn't have a 4-ohm 4x10 option? I think that would be a much shorter list.

Batsquatch likes this.
  11. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    Have a look around. you'd be surprised. Fender, for example, does not offer a NEW
    4-ohm 410.

dalahorse and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  12. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    TalHaz likes this.
  13. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Just about EVERYONE makes a 4 ohm 410 cab.

iriegnome and Coolhandjjl like this.
  14. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    Not to start an argument, but I want a Fender 4 ohm 410. how do I get one?

15. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Eden made one that was good

16. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Not to start an argument but "just about everyone" doesn't mean everybody.

So, adding to the list of who currently doesn't make a 4-ohm 4x10:

Fender (which I am shocked by)

17. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    Add Hartke to the list. And Ampeg Neo. Ampeg does make a 4 ohm, but not in the Pro Neo series - that's 8 ohm.

There's no doubt that a lot do make 4 ohm cabs, but they're usually the heavy old-school types. I just looked up an Eden 4 ohm 410 that weighed a hundred lbs. and most 4 ohm cabs seem like this.

Epifani has me interested because it's dual ohmage, but it's more than I hope to spend.

I've had several 410s over the years; GK Neo was extra boomy and 8 ohms; Ashdown ABM, which weighed a ton. Peavey is, well, Peavey.
    Avatar makes nice stuff, I had a 112 of theirs, but the fact that I can't return it queers the deal for me.
    Lightweight and 4 ohm is what got me onto GK CX410 in the first place. The Aguilars look nice, but neither of the aforementioned have hit the streets.

I'm done with heavy and boomy; very deep and articulate is what I'm after.. I want something light but with a load of *ass*, as my drummer puts it.

I was hoping to get some leads on other things that are more modern in construction, but really solid in sound.

18. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    If you aren't necessarily locked into the 410 format, look into what Acme is doing these days (I think they discontinued their 410 but they are doing 212s). Also greenboy's fEARful and Fearless lines, and above all check in with Mike Arnopol - his cabs probably have the most articulate bottom ends out there, and some of them go extremely deep. For the highest SPL-to-weight ratios that I'm aware of, along with very well thought-out designs, check out Barefaced.

Jim Carr and bdplaid like this.
  19. DiabolusInMusic

I wouldn't call it very deep but I would call it articulate, Markbass 104. They have a low mid bump that will make you either hate it or love it though.

20. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    I had forgotten about the fearful stuff, and no I' not locked into 410. But on Acme - I had one a long time ago when there was hype about the B-1, and i was very disappointed in the efficiency of the cab. Looking at the specs of the 212 - 94dB efficiency - I see nothing has changed. I'd need to push 1000 watts into it just to make is audible to my band, and it still wouldn't be loud. No thanks. the barefaced and feraful are other animals, though, and I need to look into those.