Amazing Birdseye Neck - or EBay junk?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimBosby, Jun 26, 2011.

1. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    One Block North of Disneyland
    Manufacturer - Dickhead Designs
    Oh I see most of you gentlemen are uneducated and have had the wool over your eyes. To set the record straight that's not my neck, it is unfretted and I don't sale them that way. I use roasted birdseye and flame by the way with blanks costing 125.00 each. Quality sense I supply them to the people who use them and to other manufacturers I have yet to have a complaint. Yes I do have custom neck plates but they are reserved for some of those wierd custom basses and guitars I build. Now really after being scammed who do you think are the real dickheads. Aj @ ADHD

2. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    The Warmoth neck you purchased is 2A maybe 3A compared to my roasted 5A, cut with the same machine, same program, I use hipshot Tr's Warmoth does not. Warmoth would sell my neck for 650 & up just about twice what they sold you yours for. I do business with Warmoth also they do offer quality merchandise. I like to give back and cut nuts for the Spector forum members which helps support one of my charities "Kids Rock Free":bassist:. I have a week long build a bass camp that I extent an invite to a less fortunate child or get a request from Make A Wish or some other organization from time to time. Not all the items you see on ebay are built by me. Each has a 3 day no questions asked return policy, there are exceptions and those are listed as "AS IS". I wonder what you would say to Sterling Ball about the quality of his necks. Have you purchased from All Parts, Stew Mac any of you and been dissatisfied with the quality. Some of you are playing on stuff I built and dont even know it. Ignorance is really an ugly master but to talk out the side of your necks on something that you clearly don't know anything about seems to me like an agenda. As you can see my log in name you might have put two in two together and came up with "He's Back" a long time ago, I never left and yes I have several ebay stores. Been doing this since I was 13 or 14 and rode my bike up the street after school to hang out with a man named Clarence. I am still located 2 blocks north of Disneyland going on 55 years now stop by so I can offer you something other than your negative attitudes. Aj in Anaheim

3. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    You're a few months late here, AJ. They've all gone home.
    T_G

4. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Someone just called my attention to it so I thought that I would post for the others that come behind.

5. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    AJ, I'm sorry... from your responses on your DHDesigns2010 Ebay store to the negative feedback (and I'll give you its a relatively small portion, and I've shown the numbers), I'm not feeling this "no questions asked return policy".
    [​IMG]

Then under your AJINANAHEIM Ebay store (can't show the feedback numbers due to where this is on the page, but its 1 negative out of 89 as of today)
    [​IMG]

Were these guys trying to scam you? Hey, its possible... what do I know... I didn't see your product. But those responses don't seem like "no questions asked return policy" to me. Maybe these were "as-is" products... I don't know. But the service, or lack thereof is the point, not the products themselves.

Also on the auction TimBosby linked - the 60th anniversary body + roasted birdseye maple neck - its described as a string-thru body, and its very clearly not. Just thought you might want to correct that typo.

6. Fitz

Fitz

Oct 20, 2009
    Interesting.

7. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Well it takes all kinds why not post any of the good stuff. 100's of people say nothing but good things about the experience. Sure there are going to be the occassional bad feed back but if you notice how many cases were brought and won 0 they were all proven to be a lie or a scam to get a reduced rate. We have to follow guidelines or you don't get to be the top rated seller. Any body is free to speak their mind but if proven to be false it should be removed but even ebay does not do that. I have a straight forward approach and call it like it is if you can't read the listing and make a purchase that your happy with you have 3 days to decide. Every single player knows in the first few minutes if the item would be returned it does take three days. The listing indicates that we omitted the string ferrels for the bass which by the way went to the opening act for Eric Clapton. He's happy with the purchase and loves the roasted neck. We have been making guitar parts and selling them to most retailers at one time or another and manufacturers also. CNC machines are basically all the same and cut the same. Price has gone up to about 104 105 Fender CS just got two and Wildwood got one. Tim's comments show how ignorant he is and his observations. Why does one put left handed tuners on if they are a right handed player. The answer is simple they move the tuners closer to you as this person had short arms. It's not rocket science but to judge me by the work you see on Ebay is not a fair rep because most of the guitars that I build don't ever see ebay. I released some recently and put them up because I am down sizing. So about 25 or so I created the other are constructed and created by young adults and bed and breakfast guests who make a sizable donation to charity.I had a double lung transplant patient that wanted a Memphis Bass and thats what he got to help build. Still don't know what stimulated the Wenge BS and I can't waste my time or should I care about uneducated opinion.

8. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    BTW let's talk CS I give out my home phone and email to everybody. I have a 24/7 365 open door policy here. You are welcome to ask a question and will get an answer from me. Warranty on a pro level instrument is lifetime. That is why repeat customers go back 30 some years. I have one gentleman that just got his 11th custom from me recently.I have several well know artists and more to come just from word of mouth. One had the number 1 song and album in 08. Several leads are playing one of my Jagmasters which are second behind Teletown Customs which I also own. Just about anybody has played on something of mine and didn't even know it at one time or another. Just the facts, nothing but the facts.

9. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    :bag:

10. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Man, this thread delivered all of a sudden!

11. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    That certainly improves my opinion of the way you deal with customers! Ship to Spain? :bag:

12. I'm still here. And I'm still not impressed.

13. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Good afternoon JACink in Spain do you know of Thomas Warburton of Barcelona a Jazz Bassist there. We ship all over the world. GDog what would you have to be impressed with you don't own anything of mine so why would you be. Quite a few players up your way are, maybe they will let you play their DH

14. Ah, yes. You are correct. And there would be a reason for that.

15. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    I bet your playing something I designed or have in the past. Do you know Collins Farr in your area?

16. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Hahahahahah this guy has to stop making basses, or at least stop trying to get actual money for his creations....

What is this???

Its like a crudely modified Squier Bronco going round a corner.

Using that tiny neck plate that doesn't cover the screws... amazing luthiery! The string alignment is so far off whack that the strings go past the left hand side of the top pole pieces and the right hand side of the bottom ones.... words fail!

17. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Standard size neck plate. The outside strings are on the inside of the pole pieces and the inward ones are straight down the middle.

18. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Not sure if you're addressing me here, but if you are, I actually went out of my way to show that you did have many more positive feedback than negative, directly showing or quoting how many there were. Nevertheless, as you said yourself, there will be negative feedback... its a part of doing a large business. The issue is how a seller deals with it.

As for the number of cases brought and won vs proven to be scammers, I have no idea how to read that data from the feedback pages a buyer would see. So if someone could help me with that....

And as well as the ferrules being omitted, the string-thru holes were omitted. So its not actually a string thru body. Which is why I suggested it might be a typo that you'd want to correct.

19. Howzit

Howzit

Aug 23, 2011
    Pella, IA
    Tough crowd. The guy has 150 positive transactions in the last 6 months...

20. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    The listing went on to say that they were omitted. Funny they ended up being drilled and used anyways cuz the purchaser wanted those. We had 12 of the anniversary bodies and only one that we omitted them. As far as reading the feedback it also tells you stats like how many cases were brought against a seller and how many required the intervension of e bay to resolve them.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021