Amazing Birdseye Neck - or EBay junk?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimBosby, Jun 26, 2011.

1. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

WTH is a "slug", professional luthier speak I guess. Photo's reversing plates that are properly installed? :scowl:

2. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Actually in AJ's defense :bag: a chunk of metal (or magnet) like the polepieces like that can be called a slug. Just as a bullet is called a slug. It may not be common, but its valid.

3. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I know what he means by slug, but come on.

4. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    This is actually a serious question, please don´t fell that I am in any way trying to "judge" you!! I would really like to know what instrument you designed/built.

I await your reply!!

5. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    One Block North of Disneyland
    Manufacturer - Dickhead Designs
    No worries Roger Sadowski got it

6. onefallinghope

onefallinghope

Nov 25, 2012
    Groton, CT
    2 year necro bump? This is deranged trolling at its best. :) Probably should just let it be. :)

7. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    I thank all of you, it drove more traffic to my sites and it increased sales. I set records for the past two years. Just thought it funny that the neck went to Sadowski.

Rock On my bass brothers, Rock On.

8. playswhatpays

playswhatpays

Jan 24, 2012
    Fargo, ND
    I highly doubt even one of those sales was from a TB member, unless they were buying one to smash in their Nirvana cover band :bassist:

9. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Don't care what the reason and at least two dozen were members so thanks to all of you.

10. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Roger Sadowski (sic), Sterling Ball, and the Fender CS all buy stuff that was built by handicapped kids from you. Yup, I can believe that. Nothing fishy here folks, nope.

You throw out a bunch of names but when someone asks you to clarify you ignore him. You don't really inspire confidence, and if you are really using 'charity' fraudulently as an excuse for your poor quality goods then surely there is a spot reserved for you in Hell.

11. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Sweet

12. AJinAnaheim

AJinAnaheim

Aug 23, 2010
    Your very entertaining

13. M. Owen Santy

M. Owen Santy Inactive

Aug 10, 2011
    Springfield, MA
    Michael Tobias Designs Kingston Series & Traynor Amps Artist
    Warmouth necks are usually great - I would guess that the seller is just not familiar with his product or his English skills are poor.

I'd grab it.

14. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Well, I sent this thread to Roger Sadowsky, maybe he knows this Sadowski guy you sold a neck to.

Why can't you answer JACinc's simple question? He knows the famous bassist you say you sold a bass to, why not say what bass so he can ask him about it? If you were legit one would think you'd be happy to prove an endorsement.

15. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    He's not interested in "being legit", he just likes having TB's high-volume traffic driven to his auctions.

16. ckjamm

ckjamm

May 2, 2013
    England
    not too sure. better safe than sorry, there's plenty of people on ebay that are out there to rip you off.

always worth messaging and asking if they offer returns. might lose a bit of cash on shipping if you do want to return it but better than having a neck you hate and a big sum of cash down.

17. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I get that part, I would just like people to be able to see if his claims are worth the digital ink they are printed on. Without the charity claims I'd let it go but they really raised my hackles.

18. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Wonder if Mike Lol has bought any? Or maybe those Fedora guys?

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021