1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

... and the Berlin wall came tumbling down

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by PlanetEarth, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I want Berlin let back in also, but I think that if he were to pull a stunt again like he did yesterday, we should all do ourselves a favor and ignore the hell out of him until he straightens up!:mad:

I am a huge Jeff Berlin fan since at least 1980 and respect his ideas on education even though I have a done a very poor job of following them over the years.:bag:

What I don't like is a a man who is damn near 60 insitigating like he's 13.:spit:

2. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    MOVE THAT BUS!!!!!!

3. Wow! Roy's back! You've been missed friend! You're a true voice of experience in many of Jeff's points but again i'm an inexperienced TB'er so argue otherwise... And John, for those of you that appreciate Jeff being over here again since late last year we have John Wentzien to appreciate for that, and via him Jeff Berlin has changed a few musical lives, mine included... Oh and Engedi via my mentions of Mr Peterson and Mr Brown you can believe i love the album, you love 'days of wine and roses'; my favourites (again excuse the 'u', im English ;) ha) are 'you look good to me', 'D&E' and 'Goodbye, J.D.' sorry OT, but absolutely just a fantastic album, highly recommended for anybody that may not that have listened to it, my first experience of Messrs Peterson and Brown and just WOW! On an off note I'm currently reading OP's autobiography, quite amusing and well the man's talent and musicality and contribution to jazz and upto now in my mind civil rights grant the book in my mind worthy of a read... Oh and while I'm not much of a contributor to TB (I'm quite the novice) I regularly check in and recognise great advice and the ones that give it but I also recognise that quite often that ego does come into play and many may be upset by the sheer weight that mr Berlin carries, haha my lack of numbers in posting is made up for by the sheer length of them, apologies...

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm not a mod in this forum, so I'm speaking just as a member.

Jeff was allowed back. From his temporary ban. Then he proceeded to break a bunch of rules again anyways. He had his chance to come back already. Jeff Gordon doesn't get to run red lights and cut off ambulances simply because he's a good driver. Jeff Berlin doesn't get to run roughshod through TB because he's a good bassists/teacher. The shame here isn't that Jeff was banned- the shame is that Jeff can't follow rules. The mods didn't ban Jeff. Jeff banned Jeff.

It's not hard work to follow the rules. It's not hard work to be respectful or nice. Michael Manring is one of the most talented and unique bassists in the world, and he's also one of the nicest and humblest people you could meet. He's also held a forum for years and years here with not a hint of trouble.

The fact is you don't NEED to make exceptions on this forum for a player because he is talented. The only exception you need is if you can't follow the rules. The majority of you pleading that an exception be made for Jeff have your heart in the wrong place- you should be emailing Jeff pleading with him to actually follow the rules that he knows very well apply to him as well.

5. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    BERLIN SHOULD BE HERE!

BRING BACK JEFF BERLIN!

BRING BACK BOOBOOJEFFY TOO!

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Breaking TB's "rules", rules that seem to mean different things to different mods, doesn't get anybody killed (your Jeff Gordon analogy).
    Let's come back to reality here.

Welcome to the extreme minority, Sir.

7. Jeff seems to think he was unfairly targeted-that others got away with stuff that he couldn't. I admit I have no idea what he is referring to.

8. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Bring Back Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His insights made me look a lot differently at what I was doing, and is making me a better player.

Boo Boo, this place ain't the same wit out 'chu!

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Jeff has it completely backwards then.

10. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Really!?!
    Well, lets put it this way:
    After seeing a particular thing done by many different TBer's over the years, one TBer in particular still does it all the time, I figured it must be OK. The first time I did it I was warned and my post deleted.

Don't fool yourself. It happens around here a lot.

11. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL

For your enjoyment!

12. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Exactly. And it isn't the first time. All he does is instigate. He looks to pick fights. It's ridiculous.

How hard is this for everyone to understand? Well said Bryan.

13. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    I don't think he instigated anything........He just replied to the "REAL" instigators.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    steve, as i said before, it's all perspective. when i was on the receiving end of jeff, i didn't like it. now that we're best buds, i love it ;)

15. Daveomd

Daveomd

Feb 28, 2010
    Hey, we all know that playing bass is all about following the "rules".

16. free bbq jeff....free bbq jeff....free bbq jeff.....

17. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    RULES?.....We don't need no stinking RULES!:D

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Unfortunately this isn't the case.

Posting on this forum is. You agree to it when you sign up.

19. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    That's not at all clear. Jeff may simply have turned off many TBers so that they are ignoring any thread remotely associated with him.

20. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    I was on the road the last few weeks and might have missed it...I always thought Jeff was responding to little hacks offered up first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.