1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Andrew Gouche laying it DOWN!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by vision, Mar 5, 2008.

1. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
  2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    That was some nice groovin!

3. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    he is a monster!

4. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    check out the Stevie Wonder live stuff on Youtube off of his Natural Wonder CD. Nathan Watts will bring tears to your eyes with his brilliant fills!!

This is what I'm talk'in 'bout!!! Listen close. To have an imagination like this and chops to pull it off... it aint fair man!!!

5. And this Gouche instrumental:

Awesome. :)

--p

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    MTD 4ever!:D

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yep! Typical AG smackdown. The dude can play his butt off but he's just way too busy for my taste!

8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    He is more busy than I would play when accompanying also, however, I can see where a bassist could develop that style from playing in church. I know that when playing with just a keyboard, drums, and choir, it is easy to start filling spaces. I often tend to play that way unless I make a conscious effort not to.

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Isn't it "MTD 4 Lyfe?"
    :bag:
    ;)

10. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's he says!:spit:;)

11. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I see Nathan Watts was playing a 1990's Yamaha TRB series bass. Along with the current day Peavey Cirrus, they are true production "boutique" basses.

12. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    tramain sounds amazing,gooch is doing his thing. unusual to see him playing something other than a MTD. that a performance 6 string jazz,anybody know any info on them? they seem to be a LA guy thing.I think that very bass got sold here on TB not long ago

13. Nice!!!

14. Ooh yea I've seen this video before. He's a great player!

15. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That 6 string jazz he's playing is owned by a TBer!

16. Wonderful! Looks like he's playing some sort of J bass... I like it!

17. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I remember when it was for sale. I forgot the name of the maker, but I know it was made in Los Angeles.

18. What kind of bass is that he's using??
    It sure isn't an MTD.
    Some kinda 6 string Jazz.

19. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    +1 These guys are all awesome players and have way better chops than I could ever hope for but I agree that sometimes people throw too much into the mix of things and get too busy. Groove should always be number 1. If the groove is flowing smooth then you can throw some stuff in but I always try to feel things out first to see where its going before I get too busy; especially in church.

Andrew Gouche is one my favorites though and then I would probably throw Fred Hammond in there followed by that guy who plays for Israel Houghton (I can't remember his name but he's a great player.)

20. Blake Bass

Blake Bass Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Montgomery, Texas
    Very cool, sounds like it is in 9/8 .