1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Gollihur Kudo

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Feb 8, 2004.

1. I'll give you the link if you take lalalalala off for your signature. :rolleyes:

2. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    haha ok well ur a moderator couldnt u do it if u wanted to but o well ill take it off

3. I'm not a moderator, and I was just rankin' your chain......
    www.gollihur.com

4. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    whoa i couldve sworn i saw moderator under your name lol. I took it off anyways. thx for the link

5. Right on Froggy....now, if we can get you to spell y o u r instead of ur, and y o u instead of u, we can start talking about DBs! :D

6. apfroggy0408

apfroggy0408

Jan 21, 2004
    texas
    sorry but it makes it easier for me to type didnt we have a problem with all of this a while back?

7. yeah, but it's alot easier to take you seriously when you don't take the short cuts.
    I don't give up so easily...your last post was perfect. You'll get used to it!
    Did you find the bows at Bobs?

8. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    http://www.gollihur.com/

Bob has some "easier to remember" URL as well, but I can never remember it.

And he really is great.

-dh (I'm just thinking how cool it is to be a bass player and have the resources available that we have. G*t*r and p*n* players don't have anything like talkbass, the bottom line, or Bob Gollihur).

9. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Add me to the list. I ordered one of Bob's German bows to use on tour and I like it better than the Ary bow I have!

I was recently in Japan doing performances and used an Orient bass (quite nice, fully carved) and a bow by by T. Sugito (www.sugito-bow.co.jp/profile.html ). The sugito bow was fabulous!! (also 10 or 12 times more expensive than Bob's but that'sanother issue!!). Does anyone have any experience with them here?

Louis

10. Kindness

Kindness

Oct 1, 2003
    Chicago
    It can't be said enough, Bob's a great guy to do business with and these bows are exactly as advertised. I bought both a French and a German bow a few months ago and I couldn't be happier. These bows are a huge step up from my rental fiberglass bow. My instructor was shocked at the quality of the bows, especially for the price, and has been recommending them to all of his students.

Thanks Bob.

11. jimclark68

jimclark68

Dec 16, 2000
    Morganton, NC
    One more... I received my German bow from Bob a couple of weeks ago. Excellent bow, typically excellent service. All hail.

12. hirort

hirort

May 17, 2003
    Yokohama, Japan
    Sugito bows are very popular in Japan, especially in beginners and students. Some professionals endorse his bow.
    I bought a Sugito French bow in Japan 6 years ago. It's by K. Sugito (Koji Sugito), possibly 950 from what I spent for (950's MSRP is 95,000 yen, approx. $900). When I selected one from about 20 bows, it was very hard because they are all well crafted and balanced.

Hiro T

13. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    This one was made by T. Sugito and was maybe a step up from the model you describe (in the $1200-$1500 range) Very responsive and well balanced. They've invited me to visit the workshop the next time I'm in Japan.... I hope we have a strong dollar by then! It will be very hard not to walk away with one of their bows, I think!!

14. add me to the list
    i bought a german bow + case for it + rosin

shipping cost + tax became a bit salty so people pray for me so with the grace of heavens i shall receive a better bow than the average cheap bow and people in the streets will tell me: what a nice german bow you have!!! and then my teacha will say: this is the best bow i have ever used!!! :D .....

uhm... maybe i'm asking/dreaming too much.. :rollno:
    and my english sucks sometimes...

i'll let you know what are my results with this bow

15. Great....also let us know what your signature means.

16. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    "em ot sessab ruoy lla evig ot gniog era uoy!!!!"

you are going to give all your basses to me. (backwards)

Cute . . .

17. lol, the other ones are in spanish

18. I recieved my bow from Bob G. today and it's great. French Brasilwood. It's a big step up from my old POS bow and I can join in on the kudos! Thanks. :)

19. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    From Bob, of course. http://www.gollihur.com

(Funny, I thought Gollihur Kudos were lizards native to South and Central America...)

20. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Yep, the Bob G. bows are good for the money. I got my German bow last week and it feels much nicer than my Glasser fiberglass bow. The strings start easier and the sound is less strident.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to try a bunch of more expensive bows but I felt I had to move up from the Glasser, and I'm glad I did. It is a noticeable improvement. The Bob G. German weights slightly more than the Glasser and requires less work to get a nice full sound.

I would tell you the exact weight by my wife's little plastic Weight Watcher's scale is somewhat less than accurate.

Cheers . . .