1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Gollihur Kudo

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    I just got one of Bob’s French bows today, and am very happy with it. It is the best bow I have played that is under $350 so far.

I originally was just going to order a K&K bassmax [which I also am very happy with, nice and fat] pickup because my barcus berry died this week, and temptation struck.......

Also, it’s almost 2” shorter than my old bow but it’s better balance makes up for it.

So yeah ALL Hale Bob Gollihur. :hyper:

2. dbgal

dbgal

Nov 28, 2005
    Idaho
    I bought my bass & accoutrements from (all hail) Bob a little over a year ago- even though I live in the sticks the service was great & he was really good to deal with. There was a varnish bubble on the back of the upper bout that I was concerned would split & chip off over time (it's split, but not chipped yet) & Bob immediately sent me some touch up varnish. But about the bows- I got the brazilwood French bow, & I've really enjoyed playing with it. It has held up really well, has great sound, & just got it's first re-hair. The winding came loose when I put one of the rubber grippy things on it, so I just pulled off the winding (didn't need it anyway with the rubber thingy). But this is definately a good bow. I'm switching to a German bow because of some shoulder problems, & will be looking at the German version of Bob's bow. :p

Actually, I think the Gollihur Kudos live on an island in the Pacific... :D

3. musicman5string

musicman5string Banned

Jan 17, 2006
    Just to reiterate: I received my bow from Bob today and while I won't have my bass back until next week, this bow looks and feels great. I got a German bow, a case, new rosin, and a quiver.
    Since I'm primarily a Jazz player and not rich :)eek: ) I don't belive in spending alot for a bow. This one looks like it will do the trick.
    Someday I'll get a nice $1000 bow....maybe.