Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Sadowsky??? Help...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    [​IMG]

good lord, someone PLEEZ talk me out of this one... :meh:

2. Joker.....

Mine is VERY similar except the Champagne Color and .05 lbs in weight...I love mine as you have no doubt gathered from my posts about her.....I have to say that mine is my Favorite Bass of any brand of ALL time....however, I ordered a Ultra Vintage "Retro Metro" in a 5 String Natural UV70 - MW White Blocks and Binding......gotta feeling it is going to be pretty hot as well....different vibe altogether, but I gotta do it!!

I am going to probably stick a set of Sadowsky Single coils and put Flats on my Vintage 4 NYC and it will be my Old School/Motown/R&B killer and the UV 70 will be my 70's/funk machine/Country Music 5'er.....I understand from the guys at the shop that the UV gets really punchy and tight, articulate with a lot of percussiveness, it cuts like a knife, and with the VTC, can get Old School so I am hoping that I can leave the rest of my basses at home and just take these 2 basses to ALL my sessions and gigs!!!!

Wooooohooooo........right now I typically take at least 4 basses and depending on the session as many as 6 or more basses to recording gigs......what a pain in the a*&!!!! Got my fingers crossed....saw Victor Broden with Leann Rhimes not long ago playing a Sadowsky Tokyo (he had a couple other Sadowsky basses but played the Tokyo almost exclusively) and was blown away with his tone.....sweet, smooth and VERY tasteful....(great player by the way) the tone I heard from his Tokyo is one of the reasons I am taking this plunge.....if the UV doesn't give me what I'm looking for I will probably custom order a Tokyo or another NYC with similar specs!!!!

I don't think I helped at all, did I????

LOL!!!!!

Peace,

T

3. Sorry! Nice bass. White is just the thing. buy it! ;)

Now if just had blocks inlays :D

If I was going to get me Sadowsky it would a Metro Ultra-vintage.
    White with Malpe (or Rosewood) board and white binding and pearl block. It would been more great if Sadowsky did matching headstock on their Metros. Then it would be even more sexy :cool:

I did not help at all!!!

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Ummm... NO!!!!!

:bag:

5. There used to be a picture of Victor Broden with that Tokyo on the Sadowsky Website. I used to own the very same model. Great bass. When Leann Rhimes performed on the Tonight Show a couple of weeks ago Broden had a new Sadowsky PJ5! 'Burst with a tortoise guard. It was a nice performance, and the band sounded great.

6. you tell'em Nino :D

I'd say go for it! what do you have to lose?
    It's a sadowsky for crying out loud!

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Go For It :D

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    There is no cure, all the twelve step guys end up back at Rogers shop! Go ahead and buy it, that will cure your GAS untill guys start posting pictures of vintage Metros! It's hopeless, Does Roger offer revolving credit? 2cnd mortgages? does he take dogs, women, cars in trade? God if he ever made amps too, bankrupcies would go up 50%!!!!!!!!

9. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    you do not want to buy this bass

10. MAJOR METAL

yeah it is easy to fall off the wagon. :D

11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I LOVE that BASS. Classic color, Vintage vibe, Tort Pickguard. That is as I often say, Damn Skippy! Get it!

12. Go for it. It looks super sweet, nice & light, and the fretboard is one of the nicer looking slabs of morado I've seen.

I just bought another Sadowsky myself, also alder/rw but a used PJ5:
    [​IMG]

It's now got a tortoise pg though the mint green one is included. It's waiting for me in LA and I can't wait till I get there in 2 weeks and gig with it around SoCal.

Aloha,

Jonathan

13. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    That is WICKEDLY Stunning Jonathan! Damn! I can't breathe! quilt with a tobacco burst and a Tort Pick guard? STELLAR. I'll buy it from you whenever you're ready! Congratulations. Can't wait to hear your review. Gary

14. MAJOR METAL

Hi Jonathan

You got yourself a beautiful bass, very classy.Keep Rockin. :) :bassist:

15. Thanks guys. Your 3rd position in line, Gary, including the guy who sold it to me with the condition of first right to buy it back if he can afford it when (hah!) I let it go. I doubt I will, though I haven't seen or played it yet.

Here's a photo of the current tortoise shell pickguard. I love the look of the fretboard, which seems different in every photo i've seen.

[​IMG]

Aloha,

Jonathan

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    holy crap, that's a nice bass, jon-jon!

makin' wanna go play my PJ-5... ;)

and Tommy,

i remember playing a champagne V4 a little while back, and that was THE bass that first made me think about getting a V4 in rosie/alder. then one day, it "poof" disappeared. wondered where it disappeared off to, then one day, i see a little avatar on TB!!! ;)

but yea, this bass is the color i'd want, and yet, i'm second guessin' myself for a V5 in the same wood/color scheme. oi, Roger's stuff'll confuse a man. :meh:

17. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    You got it you dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice Jon Jon!!!
    In fact it's so nice you should sell your other one to me!! :D

I think my white Sad JJ 5 should do the PJ thing here soon!

Joker......I have the 5 string version of that bass. My 4th Sadowsky.
    No one here can help you. Your on your own.

18. What did you get, Mike? I was surprised you didn't jump on this PJ5.

I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's at my friend's film studion in LA sitting a closet till I get there next month.

Aloha,

Jonathan

19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Kinda looks like my new Sadowsky. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    geez Nino, I thought the Newsted model was your newest Sadowsky. Damn rich people :p