1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any GHOST (the band) fans here??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mmbongo, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Those masks are freaky looking, and remind me of that wild ceremony in Eyes Wide Shut.

Maybe it's just me, but they don't sound like Heavy Metal to me, just Rock & Roll.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Matthew_84 likes this.
  2. Who the hell is the guy in denim dressed like my Mom's worst boyfriend?

itsalljustaride likes this.
  3. Buszkock

Buszkock

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    They've been compared to Blue Oyster Cult and lots of other rock bands. They really are doing their own thing and I think genres are artificial anyway. It's just good, it's just ghost.

Spectrum likes this.
  4. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

Sep 23, 2009
    Word up. Going to see them in Grand Rapids in May. Super excited.

ShredderMaximus likes this.
  5. By 70s/80s standards they are totally metal.

That grammy video is hilarious, the crowd didn't know what to make of them lol.

Matthew_84 likes this.
  6. Off topic in a Ghost thread, but I really liked that, thanks for sharing. They remind me a lot of Jefferson Airplane. What's old is new, as long as it still rocks it's all good.

Matthew_84 and ShredderMaximus like this.
  7. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    I thought Opus was fantastic, I like them less and less with each album they've put out though. :meh:

8. I think we should be good since I only learned about Purson when I heard they were opening for Ghost a few months back. But I'm glad you dig it, I missed seeing them live with Ghost but back in July while I was down in Austin TX. I picked up their CD and it's gotten regular stereo time since. Jefferson Airplane was the first thing to pop in my head too when I first heard them too, RIP Paul Kantner.
    The first album of theirs I heard was Infestissumam and it actually took me a listen or two to get into Opus Eponymous after that, but now I love both equally. Still have yet to get Meliora though, though I dig what I've heard so far.

Spectrum likes this.
  9. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    I think they're great. I saw them live in 2013 I think, and they were probably the tightest live band I've ever seen, and really awesome performance wise. I also love the bass work!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  10. I think it's impressive that they can play so well with those masks on, the visibility must suck in those things. I have been playing for a long time but I still need to be able to peek at the fingerboard at key parts of a tune.

11. Felix1776

Felix1776 Supporting Member

I'm definitely intrigued by these guys. That riff in Cirice friggin owns!

SkinCoffin likes this.