1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any GHOST (the band) fans here??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mmbongo, Feb 6, 2016.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Just incredible stuff. Been a long time since a band moved me like this. I wasn't sure about the whole persona thing at first, but once I 'got it', it felt like a revelation :)

Selios, Spectrum, Bassnomer and 3 others like this.
  2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

:ninja:

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I only heard one song 'cirice' I think it's called. It's good. I need to check them out

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Cirice is fantastic, just a beautiful song. Probably best to listen to them first before you see them. You'll see why :)

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yup, they're good. They also use Fractal Audio gear, which is about when I first started hearing of them.

6. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Dig them.

7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    They're aight. About the most exciting rock band out there now.

lancimouspitt likes this.
  8. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    I like them but have not bought anything. The guys in the black metal band I am in love them.

9. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    I'm undecided. Have you ever eaten something, found it interesting, and yet after eating the entire portion still can't say if you like it or not? That's the feeling I get from them. It's not my usual genre, but it has a feel that 99% of the metal bands I hear now seem to lack.

What's an interesting study is that even after 15 years of treading the line between atheist and agnostic, the (lapsed) Catholic school kid from 26 years ago still feels mildly uncomfortable dealing with imagery like Ghost. I don't even believe in a "devil" yet somehow the logical side of my brain can't totally overrule the programming.

Anyway, I'm interested.

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Music related threads belong in Miscellaneous, not OT.

Moved.

11. Love the music, very talennted. My son saw them a couple times in person. Last year in Baltimore at a record store, video on u tube. Met them after the show and they are great guys. Papas mom was there, family guys.

12. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Yes, i like ghost

13. Paul Arntz

Paul Arntz

Apr 22, 2014
    Awesome!

14. 47VevetS

47VevetS

Feb 16, 2015
    Kansas
    Sgreat band, I have to admit, I saw them before I heard them so I expected them to sound like Slayer, lol, but they are great.

15. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    My guitar player loves how they set up on stage with the in ear monitors and everything going through the PA. He is always talking about converting to what they have. They do sound amazing live.

16. Thanks for starting this thread Bongo... I've never heard of these guys but am liking what I'm hearing!

17. They bore me to tears

Shortie, friaraustin and steamthief like this.
  18. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    They're very melodic and I LOVE the singers voice. The guy can actually sing! Secular Haze is one of my faves.

Felix1776 and lancimouspitt like this.
  19. TJH3113

TJH3113

Jun 15, 2015
    New Windsor, NY
    I like their cover of "Here Comes The Sun"

Aqualung60, The Rage and RoyArnott like this.
  20. Great band! A buddy turned me on to them months ago and I really dug it. Wasn't sure about the singer at first, but the more I listened, the more it grew on me. Everything fits together nicely.

Electric Al likes this.