Anyone into expensive flashlights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NJL, Oct 29, 2005.

1. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I just found my Surefire 6P (with a conversion kit to make it into a 9P)...

It uses 2 Lithium CR123's as a 6P and 3 as a 9P....As a 9P I bought two lamps for it - the regular lamp puts out 105 lumens for about an hour and the high output lamp puts out 200 lumens for about 20 minutes...

Sorry, but flashlights are cool - I can't wait until my new box of 12 CR123's come in (I bought them from the Surefire website for $15 plus shipping)....

Either talk about flashlights or flame away.... :D

(i guess this thread should go with WR's geek thread)
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A friend of mine has a flashlight that puts out roughly enough power to blind the sun.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yeah, when I was a bouncer, I used it to temporarily blind some ###hole trying to beat the crap out of a woman.
  4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I own a 3 cell maglite. Nothing fancy or very bright, but extremely solid.

5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I use a 3D Maglite or a 4D maglite. Don't cops carry a 6 cell as a weapon or something?
  6. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Most officers I know carry either a 3 cell or smaller. I don't think they need to use the flashlight as a weapon unless it's a last resort. They've still got pepper spray and baton/nightstick and gun.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a H.I.D. light for my bicycle. I use it as a flashlight once in awhile.
  8. i know tha talot of people have combonination flashlghths/weapons that ar e good for sefl cefdednse. THey are more sexensive then relgual r rlashlights htoughl.
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Dude, have you been drinking? :D
  10. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Maybe he had a run in with the wrong end of one of those flashlights?
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Guns, knives, Harleys, flashlights, whatever ...
  12. trog

Nov 8, 2003
    I have but one comment to make:

They're called torches.
  13. Sexensive eh? That just about the best made up word ive ever heard... i was laughing for a good 5 minutes... :D nice one mate... that post was fantastic
  14. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT :D

This guy's site is crazy...he reviews pretty much every light out there. I've been looking for a nice quality LED light. The Innova tactical looks pretty sweet. Check it out if your looking for an LED its supposed to be very good and not too expensive.
  15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    And then to beat the crap out of the guy with the flashlight?
  16. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I got lots of flashlights, mostly because I use them at work, all the way from at least a dozen tiny one led lights to headlamps and all the way up to a couple of the large Maglights, but I really, really need one of these!! :cool: :hyper:

Also really considering how to put one of these to use - must be some kind of dating tool... :D
  17. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Excuse me but, No, foreign English-english speaking person. There are more American-english speaking people than English-english people. And to all of us, a torch is that thing with the flame on the end of a big stick.
  18. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Or that guy that flies around and says "Flame On!".

BTW I have a Surefire Z2 Combatlight, witht he rechargeable conversion kit, and still fits into my pocket.
  19. yes... i have a TORCH.. my mUm gave it to me... it is the coloUr black... and is made out of aluminIum... its my favoUrite torch :eyebrow:

well, that was the most useless post ever :D

viva torches!
  20. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Among others such as standard maglights and cheapie LEDs I have a Surefire G2, a Brinkmann Legend LX (as bright or slightly brighter than the Surefire) and then...I have the mother of them all..

The custom MAG951 flashlight. Possibly the brightest handheld flashlight in the world. 951 lumens (I believe the light that the special forces use to signal high-flying planes is 300 or 500 lumens). This baby outshines my dad's million candlepower spotlight easily ("candlepower" can be a deceptive measurement anyway). I wouldn't have this flashlight if I hadn't won it in a contest because it usually costs $200 and I would personally never pay $200 for a flashlight. It's pretty freakin' cool though. It can light up hogs and coyotes out on our land at 200 yards and it's the size of a 3D maglite.

brad cook