Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ARG!!!!!drummer

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bassnboards04, Oct 2, 2004.

1. bassnboards04

bassnboards04

Sep 25, 2004
    ok heres the story...me n my friend got a band started just us two him guitar me bass then we got a singer and just now a really good lead guitarist and we thought we found one drummer but we lost contact with him and weve been looking for a drummer for about 6 months and none seem to turn up...what is the best thing to do here? give up?

2. No way!
    Unless you don't really want to be in a band...
    My band had no singer for a bout a year. We had lyrics, but none of us could sing. We got a singer, and BAM!

3. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Yeah, I say gig anyway, maybe go 'unplugged' for a while and mellow it out until someone fills the spot.

4. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Get a drum machine! Like Keane (uk) they have no bass player so they sample a bass and play it from and Imac laptop.

Thats only a subsitute, theres nothing like a real drummer and bass player getting it going on stage!

5. Nothing says "we don't get along with people" than an "unfinished" band with a computer... :p

6. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    One of the best ways to get players is to have a product. If you have gigs or a CD, you'll be amazed at how many musicians will pop out of the woodwork.

Maybe you can come up with an act sans drummer, and build on that.

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Goto drumtalk.com or other websites, music stores, mags, bars, clubs, and spam everywhere. Put drummer wanted signs up in batchrooms of cool clubs in the area, talk to other bands, etc etc.

8. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Speaking of drummers, we just had a guy come out last week to audition for the band. He showed up late, didn't have the 4 songs down that he needed and on top of that, he brought his girlfriend along!!! Would you go to a job interview and bring your girlfriend??? Then he wasn't all that good anyway.

Ridiculous...... :rollno:

www.blairhansen.com

9. Depended on what the girl looked like.